It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:08 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 21st, 2016, 5:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Announced on Bleeding Cool (who link to Variety)

Quote:
Ghosbusters: Ecto Force Announced As Sony Updates Animation Offerings

With the immanent arrival of a new Ghostbusters movie, Sony has announced a new animated series to go with it. Well, sort of. Variety reports the studio has announced it will release Ghostbusters: Ecto Force, a series about a “new generation” of Ghostbusters set in the far off year of 2050. It could be set in either film series or even follow up Extreme Ghostbusters, though the latter is unlikely. The program, however, will likely debut in 2018 with original Ghostbusters director Ivan Reitman “shepherding” the project.

That's pretty much all we know at present.

Though would it surprise anyone that some of the usual suspects on GBFans are already complaining about it?

PostPosted: March 27th, 2017, 7:04 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
that is very cool news!

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: January 16th, 2019, 10:26 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Zodiac: Aries
I hate to bump up a nearly 2 year old thread but what is the current status of Ecto Force, is it dead or is it still being developed for a future date?

PostPosted: January 17th, 2019, 9:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

zaneoryan94 wrote:
I hate to bump up a nearly 2 year old thread but what is the current status of Ecto Force, is it dead or is it still being developed for a future date?

I don't know if it's officially dead, but two years without news is not a good sign. It does seem like Sony and Ghostcorps are moving on to other things.

PostPosted: January 19th, 2019, 9:38 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Update: Thanks to mrmichaelt of GBFans for reminding me of this:

mrmichaelt wrote:
I noticed someone asked about the status of Ecto Force at your Ecto Zone forum, Fritz, and the answer is it's shelved. Here's the info from Ivan Reitman circa summer 2017 if you want to share it on your forum.

15:23 to 15:59 mark
EMPIRE podcast #272, July 23, 2017
Ivan Reitman's full quote was, "Yeah, we put it on hold. We got a lot of inquiries and interest from different, uh, television networks to put it on and then at the last second, we decided to hold on the deal and really focus on the new Ghostbusters animated feature and sort of have that kick off the world and I think it's because I knew the animated feature was going to bring--going to at least go a long way to bring back the classical story we originally started and, uh, I wanted that to come first."
http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-podcast-272-comic-con-special-ivan-reitman-jeph-loeb-roel-rein-scott-buck/

So yeah, it's basically dead at this moment.