It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:08 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 2:20 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
At long last looks like we are going to get a real set.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?itemid=218 ... m=facebook

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: January 30th, 2014, 7:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I admit it's a big surprise--with the continuation of the Minimates line having announced at SDCC, I assumed Legos would be considered the same niche.

Pretty neat, though.
:)

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2014, 3:54 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I'm going to have to get this and then get a girl lego and make a serten read head, :janine:

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: February 2nd, 2014, 10:23 am 
Administrator
Administrator

jason knetge wrote:
I'm going to have to get this and then get a girl lego and make a serten read head, :janine:

Egon would approve of that, definitely. :ej4ever:

Plus the Character Building figures are about the same size as Legos. Lego Egon won't be overly large next to a CB Jon Pertwee as Minimate Egon is, so there's Professor Epimetheus!

:lol:

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 5:10 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I've deleted my old post, and am making this new post with much better pictures of Jake's Lego Ecto-1 and mini-figures, taken with my much better camera. And, when I treated myself to that just after Christmas, Jake treated himself to the Lego firehouse as well. We have taken many pictures of that, and I'll upload all of them soon. But putting them all in one post would just be overkill!

Anyway, here's the Ecto from all angles:

Mini-figures, and mini-figures with Ecto:

The Ecto-1 parked in the firehouse...

...and coming out of the firehouse doors:

During construction, Jake thought perhaps covering the firehouse with a tea towel would protect it from our mischievous cat. He was wrong.

Enough for now, I think, but I shall return soon with pictures perhaps even more fascinating than these. ;)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2016, 12:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Very nice. The closest I ever got to something like that is the ECTO-1 models and Minimates. I contemplate getting the Lego Ghostbusters...but I'd be even more tempted if there were RGB Lego. Or EGB Legos. (The guy from Diamond Select has posted on GBFans that EGB Minimates are a possibility)

Quote:
During construction, Jake thought perhaps covering the firehouse with a tea towel would protect it from our mischievous cat. He was wrong.

:lol: So very true.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2016, 11:40 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Glad you enjoyed them, Fritz. Here come some more. :)

Jake next made me take pictures of the firehouse from almost all angles. I'm going to start with what I think is the least interesting (and I defy anyone to disagree):

You can see quite a lot of not-very-interesting background stuff in those as well. :D Here is a close-up on the doors:

Now all the mini-figures that come with the set. From left to right: Slimer, ghost cab driver, Dr Peter Venkman, Winston Zeddemore, Janine Melnitz, librarian ghost, Dr Egon Spengler, Dr Ray Stantz, Dana Barrett (possessed) and Louis Tully (possessed). Also features a trashcan (behind Dana) and detail on the one way sign.

The top floor...

...the middle floor...

...and, last but by no means least, the ground floor office area (next to it is just empty space; I have previously posted a picture of this space occupied by the Ecto-1).

And, last for now, an occupied office area (lovingly staged by Jake):

Coming soon: more occupied and unoccupied areas of the firehouse, and even recreations of scenes from GB1 and GB2! :D

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 28th, 2016, 9:01 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Some more bits and bobs from around the firehouse. First, the equipment lockers:

Poor Winston! The containment unit:

As you can see, Winston is doing all the work, as well as having to do without a locker. Now everyone's favourite feature (if you watch any reviews on Youtube), the slide-downable pole:

'Does this pole still work?'

Yep!

(That one just wanted to be blurry no matter what. Oh well.)

The bathroom, without and with Slimer:

And finally, for now, the dancing toaster scene by me...

...and Jake's re-creation of Dana levitating (in the firehouse this time, but I'm sure no one feels like being pedantic about that!):

Even more to come... :roll:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 29th, 2016, 9:53 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Okay, last ones, beginning with the librarian ghost in her scary form:

These scene re-creations were both staged by Jake. Winston to the rescue...

...and Egon and Janine with the possessed Louis Tully:

You actually get a pretty good view of the monitor there, don't you? But, so you can see it in all its glorious detail, here's the close-up I wanted to take:

And, last but not least, a scene that didn't make it into the movie but I know many people would like to have seen:

That's all, folks. 8-)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 29th, 2016, 12:00 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
And, last but not least, a scene that didn't make it into the movie but I know many people would like to have seen:

:venkman: --You so bad.
:lol:

PostPosted: June 9th, 2017, 5:34 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

The firehouse is my overall favourite Lego set of the hundreds (and I mean that quite literally) that I have collected during my life. For a long time this coveted position was held by the original Lego pirate ship from 1989, which I received as my main birthday present two or three years after its original release, but the firehouse has pipped it.

I love all the details and the various pieces of homage to both movies, including the computer monitor with the Gozer minion on it, the book that Peter bought from Ray's Occult ('Magical Paths to Fortune and Power') and the expulsion of mood slime bubbling up in the street.

As is obvious from the photos we took, the Lego version includes full living quarters, reception area, science lab and even the containment unit, which is far more than the new Playmobil firehouse offers. I don't think I could ever fully come to terms in my mind with buying/displaying/playing with the Playmobil version, which contains no living quarters whatsoever and has placed Janine's office on the top floor! :?