PostPosted: June 20th, 2018, 4:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUL180833

Quote:
JUL180833
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
Several teams of Ghostbusters from across the multiverse have just about pulled off a very difficult task-tracking down and recapturing all the ghosts that had escaped from the containment unit. Crisis averted, right? They wish. In this issue, the Ghostbusters of many worlds come face-to-face with the goddess of chaos herself. TIAMAT HAS RETURNED!
In Shops: Sep 26, 2018
SRP: $3.99

PostPosted: June 20th, 2018, 9:18 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
If that's all they're revealing in the solicit, that means something really big's about to go down.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2018, 10:57 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
YO THE NEXT VIRTUAL TRADING CARD IS HERE AND IT'S DEATH???! https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1009900821037740032

Spoiler!
Apparently Death isn't all that happy with Egon being brought back by Aibell. I might have let out a long list of adjetives that aren't fitting for a lady upon learning this ;A;

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 3:24 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Moonchild wrote:
YO THE NEXT VIRTUAL TRADING CARD IS HERE AND IT'S DEATH???! https://twitter.com/TomWaltz/status/1009900821037740032

Spoiler!
Apparently Death isn't all that happy with Egon being brought back by Aibell. I might have let out a long list of adjectives that aren't fitting for a lady upon learning this ;A;

Yeah, my jaw dropped when I saw that. Also, a mutual of ours is on Facebook and she found Image this sketch on the IDW Ghostheads fan page.

Last edited by HauntedWallflower on June 22nd, 2018, 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 2:23 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Dang, I can't see the image but can you describe it?

Part of me wants them to go Bill & Ted (Or Bill & Mandy) and challenge Death for Egon's life but part of me wants them to go Terry Pratchett and have Death be a quirky, charming character they can reason with.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 3:19 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I can't see the sketch either, but looking at the black and white image on the trading card, I wonder... Are they gonna... play chess?

:mrgreen: :D

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: June 22nd, 2018, 9:26 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Dangit. Sorry, I fixed it now (I think), it should be visible. If not visible, then it's basically Death looming over Egon, with what looks like someone in a cage to his left. Drawn in blue pencil or something.
Actually, nikki, my first thought about the card graphics was Silver Screen film-noir. And Moonchild, apparently Erik Burnham says they won't address Marduk despite the cameo (Which I didn't know he had) he got in Mass Hysteria (Mrmichaelt said so on GBF).

PostPosted: June 24th, 2018, 11:11 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Huh. I guess Marduk may be the shape Tiamat takes when Gozer takes the shape of Proteus during the fight scene? I'm blurry in the details of that, they changed shapes so many times that I got distracted.

OK, but with the new info we got, now I'm wondering if Janine and Egon's position in this image https://rzzy0b736k-flywheel.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/GB_Annual2018-coverB.jpg is foreshadowing... and who exactly is in the cage thingie, if that's what it is. My first guess would be Eugene, but I don't think death would force a soul that has passed on to return, as opposed to 'Well, I have to take SOMEONE so either you come with me or I take someone else'. And what if that someone happens to be Janine?

Dang, I really can't wait for this storyline. I like Tiamat's interventions and all but DAMMIT I WANT MY COOL DEATH LORE ARC ALREADY

PostPosted: June 29th, 2018, 10:10 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

YOOOOOOOOO, HAVE Y'ALL SEEN THE NEW CHAPTER PREVIEW???? DEATH IS HERE

PostPosted: June 30th, 2018, 11:56 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Moonchild wrote:
YOOOOOOOOO, HAVE Y'ALL SEEN THE NEW CHAPTER PREVIEW???? DEATH IS HERE

HYPED AF!!!! Also, the first panel of the page you've linked is the finished version of the sketch I described.

PostPosted: July 18th, 2018, 3:01 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Long time no see! I've been around, but quiet. I stopped buying the comic a while ago, couldn't take it anymore. But this arc is interesting at least. It kinda makes me want to jump back in, but then again I feel like I'd be disappointed.
I hope Egon can win back whatever part of his soul got lost in transition. I hope it would say that Tiamat erased Egon and Janine's relationship long before Winston's tragedy. I hope they can defeat it and everyone remember a completely different prime reality as a result. I hope the memories trigger through all the demensions that the two couples exist in. I hope that it wakes up ALL of the Egons so that they ALL go to their respective Janines and pledge their love and that the final page is just full of different Egon and Janine's couples kissing. But I feel like I'll be disappointed, so if any of that happens let me know!

PostPosted: July 19th, 2018, 12:57 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Scorpio
ghostdiva wrote:
I hope that it wakes up ALL of the Egons so that they ALL go to their respective Janines and pledge their love and that the final page is just full of different Egon and Janine's couples kissing. But I feel like I'll be disappointed, so if any of that happens let me know!

If THAT happens I won‘t only let you know. I will send you a mug, a T-Shirt and a poster with that picture! ;)

PostPosted: July 19th, 2018, 6:18 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Erik says <---- LINK IN HERE that there may not be more GB comics until next year and that something Prime is in his plans.

EDIT: See above.

Last edited by HauntedWallflower on July 24th, 2018, 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: July 20th, 2018, 5:37 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

ghostdiva wrote:
Long time no see! I've been around, but quiet. I stopped buying the comic a while ago, couldn't take it anymore. But this arc is interesting at least. It kinda makes me want to jump back in, but then again I feel like I'd be disappointed.

Welcome back! 8-)

For the first time in ages I'm actually a little bit excited that something might actually happen between Egon and Janine in this arc. I don't know why, but it feels to me like they might at last make a bit of progress. Maybe not much, I mean I'm not expecting a kiss or anything like that, but something that at least moves their relationship forward a little. Maybe at a snail's pace, but at least there'll be a pace, right? :mrgreen:

I dunno, maybe I'm setting myself up for disappointment. They've been shuffled onto separate teams so they still aren't spending much on-panel time together, and with Tiamat involved it's more than likely things will turn out even worse somehow. I just miss the enthusiastic buzz I used to get reading the earlier IDW comic runs when there was the real possibility of something happening between them.

I still enjoy reading the comics, though. The quality of the comics are fantastic, especially the artwork, and the team behind them are great. But I must admit that sometimes I find myself at the end of a run wondering if it's worth getting the next one. At times I was close to not picking this set up, and the first couple of issues where Inspector Gadget and his wacky sidekick mess everything up for funsies didn't exactly help, either. :lol:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: September 24th, 2018, 7:43 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I opened a Twitter account to share stuff. I found these pinned pages, could they be from the upcoming showdown?

Does anyone recognize it from any other issues?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostdiva1/with_replies

Follow me if you'd like to.