It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:06 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 17th, 2018, 4:17 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
HauntedWallflower wrote:

Wait, so does that mean they're considering to have the team destroy the dimensional portals? Can't say I'd be disappointed, I do feel like it brings more problems than it solves and it just really feels like the story is going to inevitably go back to it over and over again.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2018, 6:45 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Moonchild wrote:
Wait, so does that mean they're considering to have the team destroy the dimensional portals? Can't say I'd be disappointed, I do feel like it brings more problems than it solves and it just really feels like the story is going to inevitably go back to it over and over again.

For all we know, they could even simply dismantle the whole thing and keep it in storage, in an "In case of emergency, break glass" case. Of course, they ARE still open to a 3rd TMNT crossover, just nothing on a 101 or Crossing Over scale for a while. I'm more in the "Don't care, it's got GBs!!" boat myself, while Fritz, nikki and many other fans are likely to agree with you.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2018, 1:20 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
Quote:
For all we know, they could even simply dismantle the whole thing and keep it in storage, in an "In case of emergency, break glass" case. Of course, they ARE still open to a 3rd TMNT crossover, just nothing on a 101 or Crossing Over scale for a while. I'm more in the "Don't care, it's got GBs!!" boat myself, while Fritz, nikki and many other fans are likely to agree with you.

Ah, no, I don't mind seeing the RGB and 2016 team and the ExGB team in the comic, and even the Ninja Turtles were a welcome irruption. I can tell you that reading this issue, I kept making noises that made my dog come check on me and one of them was because Bill Denbrough- I mean, ExGB Egon appeared. I just don't really like that having so many teams results in the focus being a bit poor because it has to be split between all of them AND I think they're missing out on great storylines for focusing too much in the inter-dimensional topic. It's kinda like with the deal with Super Saiyans in Dragon Ball. At first it was impressive and epic, but then it became such an everyday thing that we kinda have trouble remembering why it was a big deal. While it's true that a good writer can find ways to constantly refresh the concept- and Burnham has been a really good writter so far- I really do feel like there ARE alternatives to it.

Still, yeah, I think you have a pretty big point in how we should probably just enjoy the fact that we're still getting GBs stuff, considering how many years the franchise was dormant before the comics and videogames and new film revived it.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2018, 5:10 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

From the 'likely' part of the comment, I'm assuming that they won't dismantle/destroy the portal completely, but maybe be a little more wary about using it (which is how I assumed it would be after the events of 101, but... whatevs).

BTW, I'm not against the dimensional travel per se. It's just that the portal has been used in every story since... what, GB/Turtles #1? If it had been used more sparingly, I'd be beyond cool with it, but seriously!? I'm jonesing for something different.

I also think the lack of any real development with E/J has probably coloured a lot of my biases about the dimensional travel, too. A few good opportunities seem to have been lost there, but that's just my opinion.

More Ghostbusters is always cool with me. If there is to be more portal travelling, well... I'd be a bit deflated and meh about it, but if that's the way it is, so be it.. 8-)

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2018, 6:20 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Hey now, I never said you can enjoy what we've got, haha :) And as much as I'm on the "Don't care, it's got GBs!!" boat, I agree with you, nikki, in that I can only muster up so much enthusiasm until the inevitable deprivation of E/J romance potential. And I do agree, Moonchild, that crossover hype can only live for so long (I experienced that with the last arc of Star Trek: Boldly Go). Still, considering Burnham and Waltz apparently came up with an idea outside of inter-dimensional story arcs, that's bound to be refreshing.