It is currently March 28th, 2024, 9:50 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: July 27th, 2017, 6:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
(I used to be better at getting the IDW solicitations up as soon as they came out; I'm gonna try to get caught up with that)

https://previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN170597

Quote:
(W) Erik Burnham (A/CA) Dan Schoening
Thanks to a timely intervention, the Ghostbusters have saved the day! But you knew that would happen-you're an old hand at this kind of thing! But after all the goodbyes are said, and the players are all back to where they belong, one question remains: did the Ghostbusters' ultimate solution have any consequences for the multiverse?! Find out in the finale to GHOSTBUSTERS 101!

Bullet Points:
* Don't miss the cover by Ominous Press creator, Bart Sears, part of our Bart Sears cover month!
In Shops: Aug 30, 2017

(I'm almost starting to wonder if Tim Lattie is one of us. The alternative cover to #4 we know, his cover to #6 also has Egon and Janine next to each other. Yeah, I know how desperate some of this sounds, too.)

PostPosted: July 29th, 2017, 8:25 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Those are good covers, but if E/J are YET AGAIN limited to only the variant covers when GB/TMNT 2 (Yes, it IS happening) comes along, I will scream.

PostPosted: August 26th, 2017, 5:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Here's Spook Central's preview for 101 #6, the finale.
https://www.facebook.com/spookcentralgb ... 7925267045

PostPosted: August 31st, 2017, 6:54 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

That was a fun ride. There were some lovely moments in the final issue -

Spoiler!
Garrett seeing his Dad and saying a proper goodbye, and Peter meeting up with Dr. Gorin and instantly getting their flirt on with each other. I'll bet he hung around that universe for a good long while... lol. I like that they crossed the streams again - it looks like it's a surefire way of closing dimensional breaches. 

I wish we got to see Janine and Cait spend some time together, but I suppose there's only so much you can squeeze into six issues. I do feel it was a bit overcrowded sometimes - too many characters, and not enough space for the characters or story to breathe. I wasn't really as invested in Cait's friends as I thought I'd be, though I really liked Garrett. 

As good as this mini series was, I still miss the adventures with the original team on their own and I really, really miss the relationship between Egon and Janine. Man, I'd give anything to see something as touching and funny between them as Peter and Rebecca had. :cry:

The TMNT/GB crossover sequel doesn't really fill me with enthusiasm, so it's a bit 'meh' for me. I think I have trans dimensional portal fatigue. :lol:

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2017, 4:57 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Ditto that, nikki. Ditto that.