Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Spook Central preview of #4

PostPosted: November 21st, 2015, 11:33 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I really apologize to anybody who cares about my blatherings--I never did sit down and compile comments on #4. It was pretty much what we expected--closing the circle with the RGB characters getting to where they were in "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" with a teaser or two to the upcoming annual and GBI/Vol.3.

I will offer the next best thing (or, probably, an even better thing): mrmichaelt's comments on Get Real #4:

Quote:
Story

Kylie and Janine stranded in Tokyo with the Megatrap holding the Cerberus manifestation... hilarious! Figured it would end in the embassy but too bad they couldn't fit in a panel of Janine calling Peck on the phone and him not believing her or something funny. But that last panel with the ghost. Yeah...

Considering the damage done to the Firehouse from the end of the Mass Hysteria! arc, the TMNT/GB arc and now in this issue... what is the heck is their insurance premiums like?

Rather brilliant to utilize Proteus' pet peeve to weaken him in-story (and set up his demise), show future cases in the RGB, and seed the future of the IDW canon. Obviously one is the Sandman in the upcoming annual but the other three visions... it'll be fun to see how they figure. Also loved the irony of another god forcing Winston to make a hard choice in the Firehouse basement. At least this time, it doesn't involve him dying...shrug.

Favorite line: "We met weird versions of ourselves with boring hair and then got zapped into limbo by some guy in a toga."

As I thought, nice sync up to the end of "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" and neat to see some more 'extra scenes' added in. Nice touch to show Claudia was okay.

Easter Eggs So Far

*Regular Cover
**The Winston Zeddemore of both universes are featured along with Slimer from The Real Ghostbusters.
**The prime Winston has half of The Key from The Real Ghostbusters "The Brooklyn Triangle"
***The half of The Key is the one owned by the animated Winston until he gave it to The Collector.
*Page 1
**Icon Ghost mentions the Interspatial Teleportation Unit.
**In panel 1, the Icon Ghost hides his saw like he does in a bumper.
**In panel 3, the Icon Ghost crouches down and hides like he does in a bumper.
*Page 2
**In panel 4, still draped on one of the office chairs is the newspaper Janine reads in The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Grundel"
**In panel 4, on top of the office drawers once again is the Genie's lamp from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine's Genie"
*Page 3
**Continued from last issue, Janine is still wearing the outfit from the first movie when the Containment Unit was shut down.
*Page 4
**In panel 3, to the left of Kylie appears to be Mr. Miyagi and Daniel from the original "Karate Kid" trilogy.
**In panel 3, there is a Pequod's, the coffee chain introduced in Volume One of the ongoing series.
**In panel 3, right by Janine is Kenji from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters"
***Like in the beginning of the episode, in this panel, he is reading his "Monsters" magazine.
**In panel 4, the cylindrical building with the massive advertisements is the San-Ai Buidling. This confirms Kylie and Janine were sent to the Ginza ward of Tokyo, Japan.
**In panel 4, on the far left building is Sony.
**In panel 4, the first column of billboards on the left side are:
***The black billboard's kanji is
***The Yamani Studios signage from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters" is below the black billboard.
***The lower part of the green billboard has 'Ghostbusters' in katakana.
***The yellow billboard
***The pink vertical billboard
**In panel 4, the second column of billboards in the middle are:
***On the black billboard are chibi figures of
***On the green billboard is 'Busters' in katakana
***On the big billboard is 'Attack of the B-Movie Monsters'
***Under the big billboard is a grab of the Ghostbusters fighting Kani at the beach shore in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters"
***Under Kani is a green billboard with
**In panel 4, the third column of billboards in the middle are:
***On the white vertical billboard is
***On the blue vertical billboard are 'Yama'
***On the black billboard, there appears to be Stay Puft Marshmallow Man's head
***On the orange vertical billboard
**In panel 4, on the far right, on the white vertical billboard is
**In panel 4, on the far right, on the red cap is Nori Ra from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Attack of the B-Movie Monsters"
*Page 5
**In panel 2 and 3, on the right, is the Employee of the Month board from Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Realistic Versions
***For January, the image is
***For February, the image is Pete dialing his cellphone in Volume 2 Issue #7, page 3, panel 5
***For March, the image is Peter entering the diner in Volume 1 Issue #9, page 29, panel 3
***For April, the image is
***For May, the image is
***For June, the image is Peter talking to Melanie Ortiz in the cafe in Volume 1 Issue #10, page 19, panel 3
***For July, the image is Peter from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/Ghostbusters #1 Subscription Cover
***For August, the image is
***For October, the image is possessed Peter in Volume 1 Issue #6, page 20, panel 4
***For November, the image is Rookie from the Rookie & Ron logo in Volume 2 Issue #7 page 22
***For December, the image is Ron Alexander from the Rookie & Ron logo in Volume 2 Issue #7 page 22
**In panel 2, once again, on the right is the Jump Bug arcade from Ghostbusters II.
*Page 6
**In panel 3, the animated Ray alludes to the Atlas statue Proteus possessed in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster"
**In panel 2, Luis Delgado's 15 easter egg is on the incident sign.
*Page 7
**In panel 3, the animated Peter alludes to Egon's triage line to Janine in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster"
*Page 8
**In panel 2, once more in the box by the stairs is the blue book with the NOW Comics' Slimer! #1 cover on it.
*Page 9
**From Greek mythology, Proteus' gift for prophecy comes into play.
**Of the four glimpses into the Ghostbusters' future, one shows an entity in silhouette. He is a Sandman who will appear in the Annual 2015 in November.
*Page 10
**The four glimpses of the Real Ghostbusters' futures are from episodes that canonically take place after "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster"
***The trio of ghosts armed with a Proton Pack in "Janine's Day Off"
***Samhain and his fortress in "Halloween II 1/2"
***Grundel from "The Grundel"
***Tolay from "Egon's Ghost"
*Page 12
**In panel 1, on the shelf right of Winston is Robobot from the Extreme Ghostbusters episode "The Infernal Machine"
**In panel 2, on the foot locker once again is the Real Ghostbusters Power Cycle. It was last seen in Issue #1.
**In panel 6, Winston invokes the "Leave No Man Behind" credo the U.S. Army calls the Warrior Ethos
*Page 13
**The Nintendo Advantage Controller used for the Statue of Liberty in Ghostbusters II appears on the console
**In panel 2, a grab of the Containment Unit Monitor from The Real Ghostbusters episode "X-Mas Marks The Spot" appears on a screen
**In panel 2, another 15 easter egg appears on the grab of the Containment Unit Monitor.
**In panel 4, Ananke mentions was trapped
***By ghosts. In Volume 1 Issue #16 of the ongoing series, Winston was trapped by the ghost of Staff Sergeant Adams.
***By men. This could be a reference to Winston's military career or in the first movie when he was arrested along with the other Ghostbusters.
**In panel 4, another grab of the Containment Unit Monitor appears on the console.
**Once again, just like in Volume 2 Issue #19 of the ongoing series, a god forces Winston to make a hard choice in the Firehouse basement. At least this time, it doesn't involve him dying.
*Page 14
**As a nod to animation errors on The Real Ghostbusters, the guys put their Electric Gloves back on in panel 2 but in the next panel they are gone again.
*Page 15
**The page adapts from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" when the Ghostbusters see Janine and Slimer in the boardroom, Janine references Lewis Carroll and Ray warns her Proteus is a primal god like Gozer.
*Page 16
** The page adapts from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" when Janine admits Proteus in his true form isn't bad looking to when she prepares to shoot the mirror the guys are trapped in.
*Page 18
** The page adapts from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" when Janine is about to fire on the mirror to when Proteus' energy beam bounces around the room.
*Page 19
**The page adapts from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" when Egon advises everyone to vacate the Eerie up to when the Eerie blows up.
*Page 20
**In panel 1, on the big sign left of the Firehouse references the Blody drink from The Real Ghostbusters episode "The Halloween Door" and recently is prevalent in the ongoing series.
**The page adapts from The Real Ghostbusters episode "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster" when everyone gathers in the Firehouse, Egon thanks Janine, and Ray muses everything is back to normal.
**The park scene is visually based on Battery Park in The Real Ghostbusters episode "Scaring of the Green" when the Bog Hound appears behind two men on a park bench. One of the men even appears.
**As in Issue #1, the blue bird is visually based on the one that appeared at the start of The Real Ghostbusters episode "Mrs. Roger's Neighborhood" and is scared off by the stone lions.
**Claudia is restored to normal. She was turned into the bird by Proteus in Issue #1
*Page 21
**The epilogue takes place at the U.S. Embassy in Tokyo
**The official notes Japan's belief in the supernatural
**In panel 4, on the posters is "Busters" in katakana
**The female Japanese ghosts appears to be based on a Yurei.

PostPosted: December 7th, 2019, 1:29 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
I got the collected edition of this last summer, and thought it was a pretty good read. I was especially curious about how they'd handle the E/J interactions. Came out pretty much like I expected, but I still enjoyed it. I also got the collection with the Rouskinna story, and got a kick out of it.

The last couple of years have been hell for me, physically, and I needed some good reading material. Ghostbusters the Visual History is fascinating, and I highly recommend it if you haven't already read it. I also broke down and got the Time/Life RGB DVD set (and refuse to tell the hubby what I paid for it), and I am GLAD I did.

PostPosted: December 13th, 2019, 9:34 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Miss Janine wrote:
I got the collected edition of this last summer, and thought it was a pretty good read. I was especially curious about how they'd handle the E/J interactions. Came out pretty much like I expected, but I still enjoyed it. I also got the collection with the Rouskinna story, and got a kick out of it.

The last couple of years have been hell for me, physically, and I needed some good reading material. Ghostbusters the Visual History is fascinating, and I highly recommend it if you haven't already read it. I also broke down and got the Time/Life RGB DVD set (and refuse to tell the hubby what I paid for it), and I am GLAD I did.

Did you see this? :ugeek: