All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: February 19th, 2009, 9:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Tidbit on Proton Charging:

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2009/02/19 ... the-works/

Quote:
Second IDW Ghostbusters comic mini-series in the works?
Looks like;

Quote:
“Whatmen?!” is not the only project on [Scott] Lobdell’s horizon. “At this moment I have a ‘Ghostbusters’ mini, an ‘Angel’ mini and a new comic series I’m producing with Jennifer Love Hewitt, based on an original idea by everyone’s favorite Ghost Whisperer!” Lobdell confirmed, adding that he and Amber Shields are also working on a paranormal teen soap opera called “Ripe,” which he described as “‘Friday Night Lights’ meets ‘X-Files.’”

Stay tuned - big eeee up to ArtMonkey Dave for the spot

I'm tentatively enthused about this thought. Scott Lobdell got his start doing Marvel's comedy book, What The?, in the early 90's before graduating to a five year run on Uncanny X-Men (and was co-creator of Generation X). What this means is that he's got a background in comedy and action-adventure. It certainly has the potential to be a very good fit for Ghostbusters (especially if he knows the mythology the way Kieth Champagne didn't)

Post subject: Re: IDW Tries Again?
PostPosted: February 23rd, 2009, 9:48 am 
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtop ... 11&t=10330

Tristan Jones wrote:
By the by, any support would be welcomed! I can't say too much yet, but Scott Lobdell isn't the only person in the running for the next GB comic... ;)

That would be awesome, too. Scott's an awesome writer, but I have no idea how much he actually knows about Ghostbusters. But Tristan is a certified fan.

PostPosted: February 24th, 2009, 11:25 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Certified? How do you get certified?

PostPosted: February 24th, 2009, 7:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

You register and post on a Ghostbusters message board.

So we're all certifiable...er, certified around here.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 9:31 am 
Administrator
Administrator

http://io9.com/5254880/first-look-at-ti ... she+buster

http://iliaskrzs.deviantart.com/art/Gho ... -122529811

Quote:
Ghostbusters: Displaced Aggression is from the same duo over at IDW who worked on Galaxy Quest comic, Scott Lobdell and Ilias Kyriazis.

In this new four issue series the fellas find themselves at the mercy of pan-dimensional warlord known as Kozar'rai. The fiend banished each Buster to a different time, as he felt that killing them off would just allow them to reunite "on the other side".

We've got the first three pages of the first issue along with the each four part cover. According to writer Scott Lobdell, "Peter Venkman is trapped in the Old West, while Dr. Ray Stantz appears to be a member of the Round Table in good standing. Egon Spengler seems to have settled into a future where Flash Gordon might have wound up in, and Winston Zeddmore looks like he's trapped in an Escape From New York type of reality."

Also included is your first look at the female Ghostbuster, complete with slinky jumpsuit.

Aw, crap. "Egon, Venkman, Ray, Winston, and some Super Special New Ghostbuster You Never Heard Of Before." It's not a good sign when the plot summary starts off like 95% of the worst of bad fanfiction.

:janine: --"Female Ghostbuster? Don't we have one of those already?"

Ah well, that and the plot similarities to "Tobin and the Maze of Time" aside, Scott Lobdell earns a shot.

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 2:21 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Hot but i think not nesesary .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: May 15th, 2009, 6:44 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Grife, people, you don't know how weird it is to realize I'm not the most negative one here. Some of the comments on Proton Charging and GBCentral have been brutal.

First and foremost, it appears that Aykroyd and Ramis are the only ones allowed to shoehorn in a Fifth Ghostbuster. Or maybe it's because she's a woman.

I mean, seriously...

There's time travel involved. I don't think it came from the article itself, but some of the comments around and about suggest that Rachel might be from the future or something, maybe sent to help the originals? That would be a lot better that shoving her into the current team.

It's all how the character is handled.

That being said, if the story opens with "Ray, Egon, Winston, Venkman, and Rachel get out of the ECTO-1", she has multiple PhDs and black belts in several martial arts, and she turns Egon into a drooling puddle of hormones the instant he lays eyes on her, I'll be right there at the front of the line to rip the piss out of it.

But I'm going to wait and see what actually happens before I condemn it.

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 12:32 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz wrote:
Grife, people, you don't know how weird it is to realize I'm not the most negative one here. Some of the comments on Proton Charging and GBCentral have been brutal.

First and foremost, it appears that Aykroyd and Ramis are the only ones allowed to shoehorn in a Fifth Ghostbuster. Or maybe it's because she's a woman.

I mean, seriously...

There's time travel involved. I don't think it came from the article itself, but some of the comments around and about suggest that Rachel might be from the future or something, maybe sent to help the originals? That would be a lot better that shoving her into the current team.
Oh well if that was the case then I don't have a problem

PostPosted: May 16th, 2009, 10:15 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Quote:
Nope, it sounds like a bad idea. Seriously, stop with the new ghostbusters thing already. The only ghostbusters are: Egon, Ray, Peter, Winston, and sometimes Louis. Janine can be if she wants to. Stop adding more characters! This is not Extreme Ghostbusters! The only new Ghostbusters should be in the up and coming new movie that *Could* happen.

I stand by that.

PostPosted: August 10th, 2009, 10:15 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Alright so I'm in an unusually optimistic mood and I just want to post that I really want Rachel to be John and TJ's great grand daughter. I know it will never ever happen... but I really enjoy the thought. :P

PostPosted: August 12th, 2009, 8:30 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
So my last attempt was a poor caffeine induced attempt to get some conversation going about the plot of the new comic. Let me try again...

Anyone curious to know if Rachel is a decendant of one of the guys or just some random recruit?

Is anyone confused by Egon being sent to the future rather than the past? That seems like the gods fatal flaw in all of this, I mean if he can be in the future with the technology to time travel he would be able to get everyone back to where they go.

And I am very excited to see the Janine story, I've always wondered what she would do if she found herself alone indefinately. How would she care for the containment unit, how would she keep the building up, pay the bills, cope emotionally. I think that will be a great opportunity to get more into Janine's character.

Anyone have any thoughts?

And I totally think the Egon cover looks like Nodus in green, lol.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 12:31 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

I'm kinda iffy on this concept of a fifth Ghostbuster being like "Hey kids! ITS A GIRL! Arent we original!?". As its been said, if she's from some kinda alternate future or something, that's fine, but just throwing a random girl onto the team makes no sense.

I do like the concepts of Ghost Busting in different time periods. It looks like Ray has hooked up his sword to some kind of Pack, Venkman has that steam punk Pack, Egon has the whole magic suit thing going on and Winston... Well, he just looks like he's gonna Billy Badass his way through stuff with a hammer... which works for me, haha.

PostPosted: August 13th, 2009, 1:40 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

I'm hoping that it a future member if GBI rather then a decendant of one of the guy's .

PostPosted: August 14th, 2009, 9:08 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I'd prefer she wasn't a descendant either, but there's only one way I'd have a big problem with it:

They make her Egon's descendant without making it quite clear she's Janine's descendant too.

PostPosted: August 15th, 2009, 6:11 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Who cares if they dont make it clear that its Janine's kid? I'd be fine with it being ambiguous. At this point the whole Egon/Janine thing is getting a bit ridiculous, it doesnt have to be part of every single storyline involving the New York Ghostbusters (I'm talking to YOU, Fritz :lol: )

Chances are tho, they wont have her be a descendant of Egon, if they do, it'll be ambiguous or Egon wont have gotten together with ANYONE at all.