It is currently March 18th, 2024, 11:11 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: RGB Proton Pack question
PostPosted: November 28th, 2017, 7:53 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

I've been a longtime reader, but I haven't posted here much if at all, but I figure might as well see if anybody here knows the answer to this: For RGB, they added that bullet-shaped tip thing to the end of the neutrona wands- whereas the film versions and even the Kenner full-size toy version lacked these tips. What was their purpose? Was it an aesthetic change? Did ABC want it to look less like a real gun? Could it be fired off as sort of a missile/bullet/projectile type of attack?

PostPosted: November 29th, 2017, 9:27 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
TheMisterFree wrote:
I've been a longtime reader, but I haven't posted here much if at all, but I figure might as well see if anybody here knows the answer to this: For RGB, they added that bullet-shaped tip thing to the end of the neutrona wands- whereas the film versions and even the Kenner full-size toy version lacked these tips. What was their purpose? Was it an aesthetic change? Did ABC want it to look less like a real gun?

I've never seen anything about why that particular change was made. It seems that even as far back as the pilot episode the pointy tips were in at least some of the shots. "Wanting it to look less like a real gun" is certainly plausible, but not confirmed.

Quote:
Could it be fired off as sort of a missile/bullet/projectile type of attack?

If it was ever intended as such, it was never actually used that way, so I doubt it.