It is currently March 19th, 2024, 12:56 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: EGB Potential Season 2
PostPosted: January 23rd, 2015, 1:07 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I just posted something in this topic at gbfans.com, but I want to go into more detail here because I like this forum better. I am fully expecting someone to come along and have a go at me for reviving a very old thread, lol. :roll:

Here is what I wrote:
Quote:
Six years after I first posted (and I mostly* feel the same way about what I said), I've finally figured a couple of things out.

1. Eduardo and Roland really needed to do something together. They hardly ever interact, and when they do it doesn't come to much. They are the only combination of two team members of which this can be said. I'd have loved to see an episode where they find some common ground, work together and maybe learn a little bit about each other.

2. I'd have liked to see where Garrett lives. He's the only EGB whose home we've never seen. I also reiterate what I said all those years ago about family stuff - he is the only one without even any mention of any family (just a little hark back to his previous life in "The True Face of a Monster").

*I've started to feel more positively towards 'Back in the Saddle'. It's still not among my favourites, but it's not bad, and another two episodes out of forty (or maybe one out of fewer) guest-starring Peter, Ray and Winston might have been fun. Certainly I'd have liked to see Peter making more funny faces at Eduardo as he tried to chat up Kylie.

Jake (brother) has also ventured some ideas:

1. Another episode involving Pagan (agreed - we are a cat-loving family!).

2. Roland seriously tries to set himself up for his doctorate, and there is a ghost trying to hinder him for some reason.

3. Egon and Janine are obviously going out (you can imagine this in EGB after 'The Crawler' if you want, but... y'know!). He also says they wouldn't have to talk about it - there should just be signs.

4. Meet a member or two of Garrett's family.

Of course we both want plenty of Eduardo and Kylie becoming closer. There seem to be fans out there who don't interpret the relationship in the same way that I (and also Jake) do - but I happen to think I'm right, so season 2 would definitely have had just the interaction I wanted. ;)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 27th, 2015, 7:01 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

I would love an EGB season 2! It's been a while since I've been able to watch the entire season 1, so I may be forgetting some plot points, so I'm sorry if that happens here.

I agree with you: they didn't get to explore enough of the characters (or Kylie and Eduardo's relationship). Stories about Garrett and Roland's families would be very interesting, also some more about Kylie's mom. Also, I love Eduardo's jealousy, so I think it would be amazing if Kylie started dating someone (or even just an episode where Kylie had more "hero worship" towards Ray and he offers to go to dinner with her to discuss things or something).

I'd like to see more the EGB interacting with the RGB, because it was so much fun to see both generations in those episodes (Back in the Saddle 1 & 2). Maybe Peter could come back to teach a class at the college soon after Back in the Saddle!

A side note: I was really hoping the new movie that they've been working on was going to be an EGB movie. I had hoped that it was where they were going...

PS. I love your fics, btw!

PostPosted: February 28th, 2015, 7:34 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Aww, thanks, Shina! :D

I'm chuffed that you've offered some ideas on this topic, so now mine won't be lonely. :P For me, the original Ghostbusters sticking around would not have made a good season of EGB (and I can never believe the production company would have considered it, as the show would have been re-commissioned on its own merits), but cross-generational Ghostbuster interaction can be interesting to explore in fan fiction.

Peter teaching a class is an idea that's come into my mind every now and then. He'd surely be a fun and engaging teacher. I was learning a bit about psychology at school when I first got involved with the GB online community, and it's sometimes struck me that Eduardo would probably be interested in stuff like the Stanford Prison Experiment, and I just bet Garrett has to take psych classes for his physical therapy (in 'The True Face of a Monster' he says he's taking comparative sociology and finding it boring - I figured it was something that was good for his ultimate ambitions). Even so, I can't see any of those ideas being engaging in an episode of the cartoon, or even a fan fic! Someone would have to take a less nerdy approach than focusing on actual course content, I guess. :D

Kylie's mom would be a bit like Alice and the Mad Hatter's tea - you can't very well have more when you haven't had any to begin with. ;) Really not wishing to sound rude - that was just what came into my mind! I'm sure parents would have been gone into a bit if there had been a second season, and the writers did seem to want to get us interested in Kylie's difficult childhood (anyway it worked on me). Maybe there was an idea that her relationship with her father had something to do with her thing for older men, but that's rather Freudian, and I personally didn't think much of him after my psychology A level! :P

Anyway, Shina, welcome to the forum. I hope you'll post some more, and maybe introduce yourself in more detail over on the general board's introduction thread. :)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 11:28 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

My ideas weren't fully fleshed out, so they probably sound a bit lame. Sorry. :) Of course Peter teaching a class couldn't be the whole episode. But, I think it would lead to some interesting interactions with Eduardo ( which could lead to some great character development), but it would have to have some ghosts in it, of course! I don't think it would be the sole focus, just something to further the character development.

And it's true that you can't have more of something you've never had any of, but like I said, I may have been forgetting some plot points. :) I'm planning to rematch the show as soon as I can.

I always had questions about Kylie's family and I believe that her mom's obvious absence created several questions that need to be explored, just as the absence of Garrett's family created some questions for me. I understand that the families weren't necessarily needed for the plots, but their backgrounds could be further developed and create some great stories. Similar to the way some of your fics expand upon the characters backgrounds and families.

I'm no good at creating plots. I'm good at throwing in a general idea, mainly that will cause character development. The characters are always what draw me into the story, so when I come up with ideas, it's usually more character development than plot.

And thank you for the link to the introduction thread. I looked around a bit, but couldn't find it! :D

PostPosted: March 1st, 2015, 12:24 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I think it's safe to say a real EGB Season 2 would be different than what we ended up doing in stories set c.1998. Of course, GBOT continuity was influenced by many other people (just about none of them actually writing anymore, but that's beside the point) and there was a strong current in the fandom that the original Ghostbusters should still be around. I think we threaded that needle as best we could by saying the EGBs were still the default field team, while the originals pretty much joined Egon in the background/mentor roles most of the time.

Anyway, what's done is done. These speculations have been interesting reading so far.

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2015, 7:23 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

I don't think that the RGB should always be around in the EGB world, but it is very nice in the fandom. I think the EGB was enough to stand as it was, with just Egon and Janine as the older generation. But I also enjoyed the RGB a lot, so I like the idea of them being around some if there ever was a season 2.

BTW, the GBOT is simply phenomenal. I admire the work you've put into it. All of the fans did an amazing job. I'm simply in awe of the scope of this fandom and all the detailed work that has been done.

PostPosted: May 3rd, 2015, 12:44 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
all i will say is i would have loved to see stay puff come back out of the ECU.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: February 26th, 2016, 7:33 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

jason knetge wrote:

WAIT.

In the episode "Deadcon 1", the Ghostbusters leave Stay Puft behind. THEY NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN. (Unless I missed something).

NEW STORY IDEA!

"We came, we saw, we kicked its-" :venkman:

"Check out this pole!" :ray:

"I love this town!" :winston:

"Don't cross the streams." :egon:

"WE GOT ONE!" :janine:

PostPosted: February 27th, 2016, 11:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
WhoYaGonnaCallNotMe wrote:
jason knetge wrote:

WAIT.

In the episode "Deadcon 1", the Ghostbusters leave Stay Puft behind. THEY NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN. (Unless I missed something).

NEW STORY IDEA!

Since he's back in the Containment Unit in "Sticky Business", the Ghostbusters have to go get him eventually. Still...it could be a story idea there, yeah.

PostPosted: February 27th, 2016, 2:32 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Fritz wrote:
Since he's back in the Containment Unit in "Sticky Business", the Ghostbusters have to go get him eventually. Still...it could be a story idea there, yeah.

Dang it- I knew I missed something. Ah well.

"We came, we saw, we kicked its-" :venkman:

"Check out this pole!" :ray:

"I love this town!" :winston:

"Don't cross the streams." :egon:

"WE GOT ONE!" :janine:

PostPosted: February 28th, 2016, 12:34 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I found a great hook for a story. Maybe even a two parter. I would think it was Eduardo's fault for some reason. Time travel can be tricky...

http://www.unbelievable-facts.com/2016/01/800-years-old-cell-phone.html