It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:54 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: July 8th, 2011, 9:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Thanks to Devilmanozzy for bringing us this, via Trendmaster collector Jonathan Shyman :

http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Extr ... on_Figures

Quote:
Trendmasters did a prototype of the Garrett Miller figure. Garrett's wheelchair here is completely modified to have a massive ray gun or missile launcher instead of what is seen on Extreme Ghostbusters, and would not fit in the Ecto-1 Cruiser. His hair is also a lighter shade then his actual animated look, which was often the case with any prototype Trendmasters made before the final colors were established. This unique piece is most likely a one of a kind prototype, which was used as a Toy Fair Paint Master Sample, since it's completely done up, like most Toy Fair Samples."

There are some pictures at the link, and it looks like it would have been a pretty neat part of the line. The action figures and the cartoon didn't quite synch up (one of the main criticisms of the line) so giving Garrett a gaint battle chair wouldn't be too much out of place compared to the great big backpacks the others had.

PostPosted: July 9th, 2011, 1:55 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
sun of a bitch. It just how a though it was going to be. I kept wanting this to come out. I so wanted it.

I may have been meant for wave 2 if the cartoon kept going.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: July 16th, 2011, 4:34 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
I still feel that Garrett looks to belong to the Deluxe Action Figures. http://ghostbusters.wikia.com/wiki/Extreme_Ghostbusters_Deluxe:_Action_Figures

Why I say that is the transparent red plastic. Jonathan did say in private that it looks to have needed batteries, which the light up and sound effect needed that. He also still has no clue what that other piece is for. Also, that thing probably had projectiles too for the gun.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2015, 6:47 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
I suppose I never commented on this because I didn't really have anything to say. I was always a little sorry not to have Garrett for my collection, but then again I wasn't delighted with the action figures anyway. I think I'd have been happier with this one, though - he's way more accurate than the others, by which I mean the standard non-deluxe models (which I seem to remember we dug out of a bargain bin in an obscure corner of an obscure toyshop, for some reason).

Weird how he's pictured standing up. I guess that either it's a demonstration of how he can be used in your recreation of "The Ghostmakers", or whoever was taking the pictures just didn't realise. I mean, my brother's Skeletor figure has a battle vehicle to sit in, and so do many others I'm sure. :P

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3