It is currently March 19th, 2024, 4:13 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next
 Post subject: Re: Egon And Janine
PostPosted: February 7th, 2016, 4:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
HauntedWallflower wrote:
I personally would've had Egon and Janine date for two years after the Gozer incident, then be in their 3rd year of marriage by GBII. And honestly, Harold and Annie may not need to even share lots of scenes together just to indicate that they're happily married. Fritz, was it you who thought that Harold may not have found Egon/Janine funny enough for the movie? If that was the case, there are just so many ideas we can all put together to make it funny. Like the scene with them discussing the pink mood slime. Just when Peter calls Egon a hound for sleeping with it, maybe have Janine come in and serve them coffee and Ray would be like, "He cheated on you with THAT!" Janine would pretend to be shocked, then sidle up to Egon suggestively and be like, "Who said anything about cheating?" It would be fun to see Egon's face go from embarrassed to triumphant to embarrased again. Simple, yet effective! And maybe throw in a hint at the end of the movie that they conceived as a result of the slime-induced romp :lol:

Holy cow...that was....I mean, I did, literally, laugh out loud when I read that.

Quote:
But, honestly, for all the conclusions you all drew up about why Harold disliked the pairing, I think Harold may have thought that Peter/Dana was the only OTP that mattered to the movies. And in his and Ivan Reitman's eyes, GB and GBII were both Bill Murray movies.

Probably a lot of truth to that.

Quote:
(and the canon gives me both a migraine and a heartache sometimes,

Quoted for truth there.
:)

PostPosted: February 7th, 2016, 6:39 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Aquarius
Fritz wrote:
Holy cow...that was....I mean, I did, literally, laugh out loud when I read that.

I try....when I have time ;)

Quote:
Probably a lot of truth to that.

Even if it was actually true, it's still a pretty rubbish excuse.

Quote:
Quoted for truth there.
:)

When does it not, haha! And so does IDW even though it's not quite canon (Not yet. In my eyes, at least).

Last edited by HauntedWallflower on February 11th, 2016, 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 7th, 2016, 11:32 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Also, I've been lately making parallels between Egon/Janine and Sherlock/Molly (Any Sherlock fans here?). Molly helps him out when necessary, has a (sort of) Louis Tully in Jim Moriarty and, in Series 3, dated and broke up with a man who had a slight resemblance to Sherlock. On the other hand, because Sherlock is a miniseries, Sherlock is acknowledging that he does more or less care for Molly, at a faster pace than Egon.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 3:13 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

HauntedWallflower wrote:
On the other hand, because Sherlock is a miniseries, Sherlock is acknowledging that he does more or less care for Molly, at a faster pace than Egon.

That's true, and it's quite a good point about Egon - other men in fiction who seem to have a similar character to Egon have either finally ended up with a significant other, or they've already made major moves to get there. 

Spock and Uhura in Star Trek. Sheldon and Amy in The Big Bang Theory. Sherlock's relationship with Janine and his growing feelings for Molly. Likewise in Elementary, Sherlock has had a relationship with someone significant.

Maybe this is the time for Egon and Janine to come full circle, as well. 

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 6:54 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

nikki wrote:
Sherlock's relationship with Janine and his growing feelings for Molly.

Heeheehee, even Sherlock had a Janine at some point. She and GB Janine were a little too similar, personality-wise. ;) And Molly's a redhead. Amy wears glasses and has a similar dress sense to GB1 Janine. Uhura holds sort of a futuristic secretary role. Not only are fictional men similar to Egon having their cake and eating it too, their love interests are somewhat similar to Janine as well.

Quote:
Maybe this is the time for Egon and Janine to come full circle, as well. 

Hell YEAH. :ej4ever:

PostPosted: April 4th, 2016, 1:15 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Aries
I'm somewhat of an Egon and Janine shipper, not totally hardcore. By that I mean, I liked their interactions in the first movie, which why I noticed in GB2 when she was with Louis, even the acting seemed forced, like "Really? Do I have to do this?"

Now, from what I've read here, I don't know if anyone may agree with me here on this next point. :( When it came to the cartoons, I wasn't so sure they'd work together on a romantic level. I thought that Janine came on a little strong at first, which kinda scared Egon a bit, but then once Janine toned it down a little, Egon wasn't as uncomfortable. After all, it was him who eventually asked Janine to see those science films he mentioned :P with him at the end of "Janine, You've Changed.", and that's something you wouldn't have expected from him in season one. So, I suppose it's kinda growing on me.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2016, 9:35 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

For those of you who want to read the E/J discussion as seen in the IDW forums before they got taken down, Web Archives are a beautiful thing.

https://web.archive.org/web/20150908104 ... 34&t=11450
https://web.archive.org/web/20150905195 ... 2&start=15
https://web.archive.org/web/20150905205 ... 2&start=30
https://web.archive.org/web/20150905204 ... 2&start=45

PostPosted: April 16th, 2016, 11:10 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

I wonder why it got taken down. As far as I could see, there was no name-calling or fighting of any sort.

And in one of the messages, mrmichaelt noted that Legion was to the detriment of Janine. He nailed it right there. That's the 88mph story right? Some of the ways Janine tried to get Egon to notice her were funny, but others I felt were an insult to her character and really made her look desparate.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2016, 6:04 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Maroon5fan wrote:
I wonder why it got taken down. As far as I could see, there was no name-calling or fighting of any sort.

And in one of the messages, mrmichaelt noted that Legion was to the detriment of Janine. He nailed it right there. That's the 88mph story right? Some of the ways Janine tried to get Egon to notice her were funny, but others I felt were an insult to her character and really made her look desparate.

I agree about Janine's character in Legion. And I meant that the IDW forums themselves got taken down, not the E/J thread.

PostPosted: April 17th, 2016, 9:01 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Oh, the whole forum. Sorry, I must've misread things. Tired eyes haha. I wonder why they shut down the forum.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2016, 11:18 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Maroon5fan wrote:
Oh, the whole forum. Sorry, I must've misread things. Tired eyes haha. I wonder why they shut down the forum.

They'd been having some technical difficulties near the end; I guess they decided it just wasn't worth their time to fix them and keep the board open. IDW staffers hardly ever posted on it, and spambots frequently went on for some time before somebody with the power to do something noticed and deleted them.

PostPosted: April 18th, 2016, 2:41 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Wow. Always those damn spambots!! *shakes fist*

PostPosted: August 17th, 2016, 6:38 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Oh great.

As if agonizing over the latest developments in the comic and their potential wasn't enough, I had a dream last night in which Janine was sitting on a tree branch and looking out at the sea and then, when she got off the branch and walked away, Egon came along and broke it with his bare hands.

PostPosted: September 7th, 2016, 8:11 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I was at a Barnes and Noble yesterday and saw one of those big "treasury" magazines devoted to Ghostbusters, probably published because of the new movie. The sprocking thing was $19.99 and I didn't have that much money to blow on a sprocking magazine, so I didn't buy it--but I did skim it. (So take the following with some salt, because I've slept since then)

The feature that caught my attention was an interview with Annie Potts. The interviewer must know something about the fandom, because they asked her about her character's relationship with Egon. Annie pretty much flat out said she loved working with Harold Ramis, and was very surprised and disappointed they didn't decide to continue that relationship in GB2. I'd gotten that impression from the Vanity Fare interview a couple years back, so glad to see it more openly stated.

If I do break down and buy the thing, I'll probably post more about it.

PostPosted: September 8th, 2016, 7:52 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Fritz wrote:
I was at a Barnes and Noble yesterday and saw one of those big "treasury" magazines devoted to Ghostbusters, probably published because of the new movie. The sprocking thing was $19.99 and I didn't have that much money to blow on a sprocking magazine, so I didn't buy it--but I did skim it. (So take the following with some salt, because I've slept since then)

The feature that caught my attention was an interview with Annie Potts. The interviewer must know something about the fandom, because they asked her about her character's relationship with Egon. Annie pretty much flat out said she loved working with Harold Ramis, and was very surprised and disappointed they didn't decide to continue that relationship in GB2. I'd gotten that impression from the Vanity Fare interview a couple years back, so glad to see it more openly stated.

If I do break down and buy the thing, I'll probably post more about it.

Oh, Annie, you never disappoint :janine:
Seriously, Fritz, she should have been a guest at the Spengler-Melnitz wedding in Ghostbusters: Forever.
Maybe you could take your phone (if it has a camera) or at least a camera with no flash and secretly take pictures of the pages you read instead of buying the magazine (I've done it before). Unless you'd rather buy the mag, of course ;)

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 165 posts ]  Go to page Previous 17 8 9 10 11 Next