It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:10 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Casting for GB3
PostPosted: May 20th, 2009, 6:21 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
If and when the time comes (of which everyone involved now seems very confident), I shall be going into the prospect of a Ghostbusters 3 with a great deal of cynicism, and I don't think I'm completely alone there. But I was interested to read one of those offhand articles on Digital Spy just now. LINK

There is nothing definite about this at all. Digital Spy post anything that anybody remotely famous says as news, and probably about half the time it turns out to be complete rubbish. Eliza Dushku probably hasn't even been approached, but as a hypothetical idea, it's very nice. If they did get around to asking her and she said yes, my enthusiasm for seeing the movie would increase.

I think she's a great actress. I loved her in Buffy; I was one of the few who thought Tru Calling was great, and last night I watched the UK premiere of Dollhouse. I thought it was good, largely thanks to Eliza.

Coincidentally, during all those remake rumours I was harbouring a secret opinion that Eliza would make a good Dana Barrett (but I didn't tell anybody because I hated the idea of a remake and didn't want to get caught up in discussions. So there). I guess it was just because of her hair - which she wears straight now anyway, so the effect has vanished.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

Post subject: Re: Casting for GB3
PostPosted: May 21st, 2009, 9:20 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Well...our biggest (fears? dreams?) have been realized...there WILL be a Ghostbusters 3...

:|

Dan Aykroyd has confirmed that the third Ghostbusters movie is all set to go before the cameras -- with the original cast in place to reprise the characters from the 1984 film.

(from Hollywood.com)

The movie star reveals Sigourney Weaver has signed on for the project, alongside himself, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson -- and the film could start shooting this winter.

Aykroyd still fears the project could "blow up" "at any second" but he hopes the new film will usher in a new generation of all-girl Ghostbusters.

He tells the Los Angeles Times, "I'd like it to be a passing-of-the-torch movie. Let's revisit the old characters briefly and happily and have them there as family, but let's pass it on to a new generation."

And the actor wants Alyssa Milano and Eliza Dushku to consider becoming part of the Ghostbusters family: "I think they're amazing."

All-Girl Ghostbusters??!?!? I'll admit, as a female, the idea sounds exciting, as I'm all about the girl power, but...HUH? :shock:

Normally, females kicking ass in any capacity rock my boat, but call me a sentimental, I really liked things the way they were!! Everything, anything Ghostbusters stood for had to do with Peter, Egon, Winston, Ray...why mess with the recipe? If it ain't broke, don't fix it, etc., etc...

I just wonder what this means for our Timeline, etc. Is everything now jacked up? Will Fritz's (and everyone else's) fan fiction be inadmissable?

And does anybody else think it's a little too damn late for this s**t? I mean, Dan, Bill, Harold and Ernie are damn near close to being ghosts THEMSELVES, let alone Ghostbusters...

I'm just...in shock...besides myself right now...don't know whether to be excited or wary...like EGBFAN, it will be with one eyebrow raised that I go into that movie theatre should this idea come to fruition...

And if Janine is married to Louis, so help me Slimer... :puke:

DISCUSS!!!

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 2:40 am 
Moononite
Moononite

First off, I didnt see ANYTHING ANYWHERE that suggests it will be a team of all girl Ghostbusters.

Secondly, Eliza Dusku is DAMN lucky that she's hot, because she has no acting ability.

PostPosted: May 22nd, 2009, 9:08 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Sorry...I thought I made it clear that the text between the astericks was a direct quote taken from Hollywood.com (if one chooses to believe it that is...I don't know how reputable that site is)...that was where I got the text referring to "all-girl Ghostbusters"...

Here is a direct link

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Aykroyd_C ... _3/5640946

Just as a refresher, here is a link from 2005 re: the possible plot proposal.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/Ramis_Pla ... r_/3467374

PostPosted: May 24th, 2009, 11:25 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

wow...

biggest news in GB for a long time and I'm hearing crickets?

PostPosted: May 25th, 2009, 1:16 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Scorpio
i didn't want to open my mouth, but since i've been prompted to do so, i will.........

im scared, hopeful, relieved, and a little agitated.

scared because i hope the guys from the office can do it justice
hopeful that it will live up to the first two.
relieved that neither the apatow gang or ben stiller are involved (praise the lord for that one...)

and agitated, because i, like most of us, would've wanted to see their story become part of the canon.

don't lie, you know you want it.
now that this movie's a go, it rips the world we built out from under us. fritz, ghostdiva, egb... we all worked so hard on our stories, and it's a real buzzkill when something comes along and flips them upside down.

however, i know there's been a lot of bashing going on about this subject, and that's why i didn't want to get too involved.

on the flip side, chew on this--

if aykroyd and ramis had never thought this stuff up, we wouldn't have, either.

so be thankful for that, yall.

(we can always modify the stories, or we can look back fondly. up to you.)

PostPosted: May 25th, 2009, 3:33 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Ugh, can we PLEASE stop worrying about this trivial crap and just get back to having FUN around the community? Who gives a rat's a$$ if our stories arent part of the "official" canon? Fritz and Co. have made us a BRILLIANT timeline and I think we can just stick to it. There doesnt have to be one or the other, we can have our cake and eat it too, people, this is OUR fandom and we can do with it as we damn-well please!

This thread is supposed to be about CASTING, so lets talk casting.

I'd like to see Patton Oswald as a Ghostbuster.

Just throwing it out there. The man has AMAZING comedic timing and I think he'd be great.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2009, 8:59 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Who says we weren't having fun? To me, discussion about the next Ghostbusters movie IS fun! :D

I just wish they came out with it sooner...the 'passing the torch' idea is all right and all, but would have loved to have seen something with the original boys...

As for casting, still trying to wrap my brain around 4 female Ghostbusters, so I may have to get back to you on that one...I don't know whether I should try to cast female mirror images of the originals or a whole new crew with new attitudes, etc...

(never thought I'd be talking about casting female Ghostbusters, but hey...)

PostPosted: May 25th, 2009, 12:43 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

I followed the links you posted, but I still havent seen them say anywhere that they'd have an all female team. Also, one of those articles was VERY dated. I believe it was from 2007 or earlier.

Also, I'm just gonna put it out there and say that an all-girl Ghostbusters team would be a HORRIBLE idea. I'm not against female Ghostbusters in any way, shape, or form (perticularly the shape and form parts ;) they'd prolly pick hot ones...) but it just would turn into a girl-power bullshit soap box and I dont wanna see that when I watch Ghostbusters, I wanna see kookie scientists battling the forces of the undead and awesome gadgets.

PostPosted: May 25th, 2009, 5:57 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Holly transgender shock Batman .

So If it's a all girl teem from that point on !

Then what ? Does a big gender wave hit the time line re-righting history .

All the guy are now girl and the girl guy ?

Would that mean that Fritz . Baugh would be Francine Aberdeen how is married to Charles Aberdeen Client Administrator .

Would Mick then be Maria Nielson Who drives and is into sports bikes ?

Would Jeff then be Jennifer Chrismer mistress of Ice ?

Would Jeremy then be Jillian Hicks former host to the gate keeper ?

Would the GBWC be then haunted by Richard Leavenworth a young gun slinger from the old west .

I could just see it now .

The GBWC staff going in to their annual bored meeting with the network .
Every one sits down at the big desk and the suit at the other end starts to talk . " Well seeing the direction Dan is wanting to go with the franchise . We are going to have to tweak and re draw your characters just a bit . "
He would then shove some papers to every one . " I'm sure you can all see that it's nothing to big or drastic " He would then sit back in his chair . " Oh and I just wanted to remind you that your all still under contract . "

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel