It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:49 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: June 12th, 2014, 7:41 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Zodiac: Cancer
Hello there.

My name is Erich Reinhardt, and I am a video and audio producer from Canada. I was recently re-introduced to the Real Ghostbusters by a friend of mine and suggested that I join this forum. Anyways, I should probably get to the point of this post. I know there is a lot of fan fiction based on the Real Ghostbusters and I thought of an excellent way to breathe new life into the show as it is no longer in production. So, a few friends and I agreed that we should produce some audio dramas based on fanfics people have written.

I have been told that there are some stories around here that are more in line with the show, so I thought maybe I should post about this here as well (I've previously posted this idea to the RGB fanfic Yahoo! Group). And I mean, I'm sure there are people who would love to hear their stories dramatized. I have a cast lined up (for the main five characters) and we would love to turn your masterpieces into old-time-radio-show style adventures.

So, if any of you RGB fanfic writers have some stories that you would like to have dramatized, please get in touch with me either by commenting here or by sending me an e-mail at pollick529(at)yahoo(dot)ca (please replace "at" and "dot" with their respective symbols when e-mailing). We would love to bring your works to life. We even welcome unpublished works as well. Who knows, if there is enough interest, we might even put them on CD and sell them at conventions and things like that. I think this will be a very exciting project and we're really hoping to get the ball rolling on this. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,
Erich Reinhardt

PostPosted: June 13th, 2014, 10:30 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Well, this is certainly intriguing.

Is there a web site for this or anything of that nature yet?

PostPosted: June 13th, 2014, 11:21 am 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Fritz wrote:
Well, this is certainly intriguing.

Is there a web site for this or anything of that nature yet?

Not yet, but once things get ironed out, we'll probably set up an account on SoundCloud or something like that to post these on. We're trying to work out a deal with Agent With Style to see if we can turn some of their fanfics into audio dramas as well.

Anyways, if any of you fanfic writers have stories that you'd love to hear as audio books, please get in touch with me! Thanks a lot!

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 6:47 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Audio projects are super fun! I'm involved with a couple, in a fandom that probably no one here has heard of (my major one is linked in my signature). So, I don't know if many people have got in touch with Eric yet, but if you're thinking of it then I can definitely recommend this kind of project and urge you to go for it.

How are you planning to put these together, Eric? The ones I do are record at home, because we have voices from all over the place and can't spare the time and expense to get everyone together, but if it's you and your friends then perhaps you're hoping to manage something more intimate. If you ever want any English voices, though, my brother and I (female) are always up for a bit of voice acting. I'm also thinking of adapting a couple of my ideas from EGB fanfiction involving ghosts from history (who would have to have English voices!), but on the other hand, I'm not really much of an RGB writer...

Anyway, it should be great project. I hope all goes well, and I'll at least be keeping an eye on it.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: June 14th, 2014, 8:50 pm 
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

EGBFan wrote:
Audio projects are super fun! I'm involved with a couple, in a fandom that probably no one here has heard of (my major one is linked in my signature). So, I don't know if many people have got in touch with Eric yet, but if you're thinking of it then I can definitely recommend this kind of project and urge you to go for it.

How are you planning to put these together, Eric? The ones I do are record at home, because we have voices from all over the place and can't spare the time and expense to get everyone together, but if it's you and your friends then perhaps you're hoping to manage something more intimate. If you ever want any English voices, though, my brother and I (female) are always up for a bit of voice acting. I'm also thinking of adapting a couple of my ideas from EGB fanfiction involving ghosts from history (who would <i>have</i> to have English voices!), but on the other hand, I'm not really much of an RGB writer...

Anyway, it should be great project. I hope all goes well, and I'll at least be keeping an eye on it.

Hey, we can always use incidental voices if we need them. I have a friend who produces audio dramas all the time and he uses people from all over the place. Basically, the people doing the voices usually send a wav or mp3 file of their lines and they are edited accordingly. And they are often of varying degrees of audio quality, so as long as it's not too muffled, it should be fine. :)

PostPosted: June 30th, 2014, 2:46 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
soned like fun but sadly most of my storrys are GBWC storys and have little to do with the 4 mane guys.

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: July 3rd, 2014, 10:21 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I apologize for taking so long on this, as Real Life stuff kept coming up, added to the fact I'm a horrible procrastinator sometimes.

I would guess that the best stuff in my archive for this would be the simpler, less-continuity-dependent stories. This basically means these:

The Monster That Is A Cookie

Terror on the Jersey Turnpike

Still continuity-lite but a little longer (Two parts):
Invasion of the Danish Snatchers

A bit more continuity-dependent, but a good "intro" story in ways because it basically takes place just after the flashbacks of "Citizen Ghost" and provides an answer to one of RGB's character mysteries:

Mr. Stay Puft's Christmas Adventure

One that may be of interest because it attempted to complete Now Comics' final story, which at least a few RGB fans may be familiar with:

Pandora's Box (Four parts)

If any of those are of interest to you, let me know.
:)

PostPosted: July 7th, 2014, 10:30 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

How are things going on this project, Erich? Since I joined the Yahoo! group to introduce myself and my idea, as you suggested, there doesn't seem to have been any movement (except that someone welcomed me and then said I had better talk to you about it... maybe a bit of a crossed wire situation there :roll: )!

It's great news that Fritz has offered up a couple of his ideas - one of those might even make a good first episode, to re-introduce the characters and the status quo. As for my idea, I'm still happy to write the script sometime during the summer, so long as we're all happy about going ahead with the project. 8-)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: July 15th, 2014, 1:17 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Quick update: there has been some more conversation on this. Fritz, I think you can expect Erich to get back to you about your stories soon, and then hopefully things will really get moving (including my writing a script over the summer).

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: August 5th, 2014, 6:47 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Another brief update, for anyone paying attention. I am just beginning work on my script, which Erich seems pretty happy about - and I had another encouraging comment about it as well, which is nice. Other than that, no news to report, but I'm hopeful that we can at least get things moving on this one of mine once it's written.

It has not been suggested that other regular fans such as me might like to write a script, whether totally original or a fanfic adaptation. If anyone wanted to do this, I'm sure Erich would be very happy with the labour saving, so bear it in mind! ;) (If you do want to write a script, maybe let me know, and I'll pass it on - not because I'm special or anything, but just because I joined the Yahoo! group, and that seems to be the best place for ideas.)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 8:35 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

I have a Janine fic I've seen posted on another site. It's incomplete- I believe The author's up to 13 chapters now.

It starts off with Janine as their secretary, business as normal, her swooning over Egon, and then an unusual bust causes her to be something more... Both to the team AND Egon. It later continues with a pesky weather demon that Slimer accidentally re-releases, which ends up causing the Ghostbusters quiet a bit of trouble later. Oh yeah, throw in a few mentally-scarring busts and you've got "Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster".

I'm going to try to find the link soon.

"We came, we saw, we kicked its-" :venkman:

"Check out this pole!" :ray:

"I love this town!" :winston:

"Don't cross the streams." :egon:

"WE GOT ONE!" :janine:

Last edited by WhoYaGonnaCallNotMe on February 28th, 2016, 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 8:54 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

I'm afraid there hasn't been any movement on this project, probably since I last posted here about a year and a half ago. I was working on a script, but there were a couple of aspects to how the project was working that put me off it, so I let the script fester and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole idea has since petered out. If you want to see if anyone's still interested in going on with it, you could try the Yahoo! group where they were operating: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RGBfanfic/info

(By the way, welcome to the board. :) You might like to visit the Official Introduction Thread if you want to tell us more about yourself.)

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 11:26 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

EGBFan wrote:
I'm afraid there hasn't been any movement on this project, probably since I last posted here about a year and a half ago. I was working on a script, but there were a couple of aspects to how the project was working that put me off it, so I let the script fester and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole idea has since petered out. If you want to see if anyone's still interested in going on with it, you could try the Yahoo! group where they were operating: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RGBfanfic/info

(By the way, welcome to the board. :) You might like to visit the Official Introduction Thread if you want to tell us more about yourself.)

I just realized this was posted on the wrong feed. :oops:

And thank you! I'll go check it out right now!

"We came, we saw, we kicked its-" :venkman:

"Check out this pole!" :ray:

"I love this town!" :winston:

"Don't cross the streams." :egon:

"WE GOT ONE!" :janine: