It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:27 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: October 31st, 2022, 7:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Ghostbusters 2022: Panther-Panther Burning Bright
September 2022--Timeline Year Forty
With two of their teammates in France, it would seem that Eric, John, and Eden would seem to be having an easy time of it. Yeah, but with a rap concert attended by a mummy and a mysterious magical cat, that's not gonna last.

Sorry it took so long. This was another story that I had the idea for a few years ago, but wasn't sure exactly how I wanted to orchestrate it. My first outlines had a lot of differences than the final version, though the core story of Eric meeting Panther-Panther was there; it's about the only part that made it intact. There were different characters involved with the events around the magical cat, including one I'm still dearly wanting to get introduced, but I decided that it'd be a better story without shoehorning that person in. They'll show up at some point, though.

Part of the difference came from my work on "The Werewolf of Notre-Dame". I set some stuff up there, and realized that using "Panther-Panther" to set up some more of it made more sense than introducing otherwise nonsequitur characters.

A big difference in my usual system is that I decided to wait until the story was done to release it, and instead of chapters I put it out all at once. I just felt that the last couple multi-chapter stories I've done might have flowed better as one complete narrative instead of putting it out in pieces where not much happened the first one or two; the downside is waiting longer to have something to show you, I know, but I hope the wait was somewhere in the vicinity of worth it.

PostPosted: November 1st, 2022, 11:46 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Remember when this continuity seemed such a long way in the future? :lol: (Come to think of it, that's not funny! :shock:)

It sounds like you have a great many plans. I'm excited to see what's coming next!

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: November 1st, 2022, 11:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Thanks. I hope it'll come together half as well as I see it in my head. We'll see.

Up at the Spoiler Page: Ahagotsu, Bombie, and Igor, as well as Tungsten from "The Werewolf of Notre Dame" (all near the bottom)

PostPosted: November 2nd, 2022, 9:50 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
P.S.
Cute illustration! :D

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: November 7th, 2022, 8:07 am 
Administrator
Administrator

EGBFan wrote:
P.S.
Cute illustration! :D

:)
Thanks. The "cover" illustration is the one thing I leave off the betas, and not just because sometimes it's not drawn or scanned yet--I want to give you guys a reason to check out the final version.

As you might expect after reading the story, it's resemblance to an earlier splash picture is not a coincidence.