It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:22 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: September 12th, 2007, 1:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
In 1984, a movie changed the world...

"THE indispensable defense science of the next decade: professional paranormal investigation and elimination. The franchise rights alone will make us rich..."

A primal Sumerian horror shook the world to its foundations.

"Now there's something you don't see every day..."

"Sorry Venkman. I'm terrorized beyond the capacity for rational thought."

And a legend was born.

"We're the best...we're the beautiful..we're the only...Ghostbusters!!!

Now....

Twenty one years after the legend began...

A legacy in jeapardy.

All of a sudden, a voice rang out in his head, “So, you are the chosen one for me? I would not waste my time on one such as you, but it is ordained to be.”<br>
It then dawned on Jeremy that his entire life had come to this: him becoming what he was protecting others from, the catalyst for the end of the world.

“Bring it on, Bitch."

An ancient tome resurfaced.

"Hmmm." He mused, poking the shaft of light into the gloom. It strayed across something large and dusty. Iain placed the small penlight on the rubber-covered floor and put a hand into the hole in the floor. He wrestled for several minutes to snag the object, and then he finally got it. He pulled it out into the gloom and studied it. It was a book...a large one at that. Hardback...and it had obviously seen better days. There was a strange language written on the cover, a language Iain didn't know. He stood up, grabbing his penlight as he went. For now he'd keep the thing locked up in his lab until he could run some tests on it in the morning...it could prove interesting.

A friend lost

“There’s more,” Jeff went on, a grave tone in his voice. “He summoned a horde of demonic creatures to his service and was heard making mention of ‘the coming of the traveller,’ and referring to himself as...” He froze.

“As what?” Kyle asked desperately.

Jeff looked up at Kyle right in the eyes to emphasize the seriousness of what he was about to say. “...as ‘The Keymaster.’

Terror Reborn

Louis Tully's face went deathly pale.

"It's happening again, isn't it?" he asked, fighting off the urge to pee himself.

And even the greatest Ghostbusters International has to offer...

It emerged. As a great shadow seperating from the very stars itself, its black form melted from around the scarlet moon. Great wings fromed from the great shadow, slowly taking shape.

"So...." Vincent murmured, gripping the staff with both hands, and locking one foot behind him, "...it begins."

May not be enough

"So...what does the title say?" Iain asked.

"Ina Ezeru Ina Alal." Egon cleared his throat. "It means...the Chronicles of the Great Destructor, The Formless Traveller..." Egon looked at them, his eyes their most intense. "The Destructor. The Traveller. Vuulgus Zildrohar. Or, as he's know to this day and age...Gozer."

(cue theme music)

Chronicles of Gozer Book One: Revelation
By Various Authors; Edited by Vincent Belmont

2004--Timeline Year Twenty Two

Chronicles of Gozer Book Two: Realization

The story continues as a new player enters the stage...a young martial artist named Sarah Jones, who's being menaced by a vision calling itself "Zuul..."

Chronicles of Gozer Book Three: Culmination

The GBWC journeys to England, just as Egon Spengler and Vincent Belmont are making some disturbing discoveries...

Chronicles of Gozer Book Four: Contemplation

After an encounter with Jeremy Hicks that goes badly for them, the Ghostbusters come up with a risky new plan, one that hinges on Vincent Belmont's knowledge of Arcane Alley. Meanwhile, a visitor with murderous intent barges into Ghostbusters Central...

Chronicles of Gozer Book Five: Escalation

The headquarters of Ghostbusters New York is under attack, and a very specific target is in mind. Ray, Winston, the Extreme Ghostbusters, Nightsquad, and the Arcane Division must work together to stop the worshippers of Gozer...if they can.

Side stories:

Chronicles of Gozer: The Tale of Atlantis
by Fritz Baugh

Chronicles of Gozer: The Tale of the War of the Gods
by Ben King

Previous Discusstion:
http://ectozone.proboards31.com/index.c ... 1086839316
---------------------------------------------------
Yeah, I know. The story we've been waiting on almost as long as we've been waiting for the Ghostbusters Legion hardcover.

In early 2004, GBWC member Jeremy Hicks came up with the first seed of this idea, with the revelation that "Hicks" was derived from the "Hyksos", the peoples that once conquered Egypt and were mentioned in the first movie.

2004 was also, of course, the year of the release of that first movie.

The failure of the GBNOMAD-led crossover "DOOMsDAY" was also fresh on our minds. We wanted to do it right, and start early enought to get a big chunk done and create a huge splash. Fulfill the promise of that story, and celebrate the anniversary, and only the GBOT continuity's return of Gozer seemed big enough to make that work.

It started with the GBWC. It spread to the GBUK, and even Brian Reilly's ECTO Canada. We got a really big shot in the arm when Vincent Belmont was brought into the project--he'd had some of his own Gozer ideas floating around, and they dovetailed nicely into what we were hatching.

I suppose in hindsight it should have been an omen when, on the day we were intending to release the first chapter--June 8, 2004--GBHQ went down and we had to delay the release.

I won't lie--I thought I was more or less done with my involvement in the story over two years ago, when I turned in my contributions to Book Five. For a long time, the plan was that Vincent would write the ending. But it didn't turn out that way--over a year ago, he had a hard drive failure and it wiped out what he'd had done, and between that and Real Life problems he passed the outline and what pieces he'd managed to save to me.

Neck-deep in "Gemini Rising" and some other stuff, I didn't really give it much of a serious look until early this year. And even then, I've only been working on it in bits and pieces. It's a very big story, and it intimidates me sometimes. I know it's not going to be worth the ridiculous wait, but I still want to get it done to plug up that gaping maw in our continuity (there's one story Jeremy Hicks wrote that's been waiting, done, in limbo for over two years, but releasing it would compromise some of the surprises of Book Six)--but I don't want to just crap it out to get it done, either.

I won't give any estimates. I've done that before and regretted it. It's definitely taken shape. I can see some glimmers of light at the end of the tunnel. This may even be the story which gets to reveal just who Mrs. Stantz is. Werewolves. Wizards. Oh, and some Ghostbusters too.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2008, 4:29 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Mark your calendars:

Monday, July 7, 2008.

PostPosted: June 21st, 2008, 5:38 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
I well .

PS
it's funny but that's my friend B day

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 1:19 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn
Finally, we'll get to read the long-time coming Chapter 6. Stuff I wanna find out:

-What happens to Mary Sue Gladstone? I hope it's something she deserves.

-Who is Mrs. Stantz? I'm hoping it's Liz.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 8:37 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Terrace wrote:
Finally, we'll get to read the long-time coming Chapter 6. Stuff I wanna find out:

-What happens to Mary Sue Gladstone? I hope it's something she deserves.

-Who is Mrs. Stantz? I'm hoping it's Liz.

I'm not going to say anything about the first. As for the second...well, I'll just say that by the end of the story, we will definitely know who Mrs. Stantz is.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 1:45 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

but that what you always say :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 7:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, but this time I mean it. Jeff and Jeremy have seen the drafts (or at least, I've sent them the drafts) and everything.

:lol:

PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 9:03 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
It's true. Story's done, I've seen it, I know who Mrs. Stantz is and I'm not telling.

PostPosted: June 24th, 2008, 11:22 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

( subtle sarcasm ) no , wait let me guess is Marysue isn't it . Fritz you old dog why didn't i see that coming sooner .

PostPosted: July 4th, 2008, 5:31 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

The waiting is torture. Just three more days...

PostPosted: July 6th, 2008, 5:08 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

ok before it comes out , I'm going to guess that Vincent gets the staff .

How ever the thing that pops in to my mined is . The cane that Vincent walks around with now , is that really the concealed staff of Merlin ?

to me I cant think of a way to protect the thing better then to keep it with you all the time .

edit

ok it's 7th were is COG 6 Hummmmm .

you mean I staid up for nothing

PostPosted: July 7th, 2008, 9:22 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Ghostbusters: Chronicles of Gozer Book Six: Exaltation

June 8, 2004--Timeline Year Twenty Two
The epic conclusion. Ghostbusters International, the Order of Hermes, and the Garou nation stand united against the impending return of Gozer. An alliance the likes of which the world has not seen in untold ages. Secrets are revealed, enemies become allies, and desperate plans are made as science, magic, primal might, and faith march against the ancient horror of the Shapeless Destructor. But is it enough?

PostPosted: July 7th, 2008, 2:07 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
I enjoyed it very much. Great job!

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: July 7th, 2008, 10:36 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Wow. What a whammy. It was good. :ugeek:

PostPosted: July 8th, 2008, 12:12 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Wow, just...wow. Gotta be the best one yet, Fritz. Now I see why it took so long. But, couldn't a certain other character have been eaten or something? I think you know who I mean...

Eight million thumbs up. Oh, and I kind of figured that's who it was... *winks*