It is currently March 19th, 2024, 3:18 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: In my defense...
PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 8:18 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Since Fritz locked the thread re: the new character introduced into the new Ghostbusters Game and I wasn't given an opportunity to respond or defend myself, I just feel compelled to note the following...

...I never have called anyone a "lesser fan"...

...I have never flamed anyone for "liking the game"

...nor have I attacked anyone's character...

I, on the other hand, have been called arrogant, self-righteous, and pretentious more than once...

I have simply expressed myyyyy discontent with one particular aspect of the game, (which I thought was my right to do so) which has clearly gotten me "flamed"...

Anyone else can like the game, good for them. I'm not even saying I'm not going to. All I did was specifically outline why I didn't like one particular proposed aspect of the game.

Thought it was okay to do so without being called names. :?

I just wanted the opportunity to point that out hence my posts be misinterpreted (which if you read them, is pretty obvious what I am and am not saying)...

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: In my defense...
PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 6:09 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Leo
Reading over the thread, I feel the fritz is more worried that he sort of started the flame by saying his feelings on the subject at the beginning of the thread. No one is blaming anyone for what happened. I understand though why Fritz locked the thread. And he is right.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 8:04 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Aquarius
Personally, I'd like to know your motivation for posting something like this now rather than taking the time out as Fritz kindly requested, and waiting patiently for the locked thread/forum to be unlocked before taking your issue to the place in which it was relevant.

rgbforever wrote:
I just wanted the opportunity to point that out hence my posts be misinterpreted (which if you read them, is pretty obvious what I am and am not saying)...

If that is indeed the case, and it is "pretty obvious what you are and are not saying", then there is actually no need for you to have posted this message or started this thread at all, which makes me even more confused as to why you didn't heed Fritz's advice (after all, he is not only the Mod here but he also owns the place, so I would have thought his say on the matter should be final).

"Welcome to Britain. We have prevailing south-westerly winds and 52% of our days are overcast so as a nation we are infused with a subtle melancholy -- leading to eccentricity, binge drinking and casual violence." - Bill Bailey.

PostPosted: April 29th, 2009, 10:40 pm 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
I felt the need to post this because

a) I felt I was being unfairly accused

b) I was not given the opportunity to respond and

c) to respond once the thread was open would only further antagonize the situation, which defeats the purpose of locking it to begin with.

I don't know why Vincent responded in the fashion that he did, but it was never my intention to insult anyone, nor do I think I overstepped any boundaries or expressed my opinion any differently than anyone else here on the boards (ex. with strong conviction)...but if untruths are being said about someone, I think it is only fair and to be expected for the person to be able to respond to those untruths.

The thread speaks for itself, but the language was so strong I was afraid that others might think that there was some negative history or pm's going on that might have been responsible for that kind of attitude...and I just wanted to clarify that there were none. The only communication was what was on that thread.

That is all.

PostPosted: April 30th, 2009, 9:11 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
I left this open because I understood RGBF's need to clear the air just a little.

Now that she has, and drawn some response, I'm moving this to the GBVG board. It will be reopened with the rest of the GBVG board on Tuesday.

Thanks for understanding
:)