It is currently March 19th, 2024, 5:01 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Re: Dissenting Opinions
PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 3:19 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

I heard that the reason they cut Dana out of the game was because they couldn't get Sigourney Weaver to agree to voice the character.

Basically this is the same sort of crap that happened right before Phantom Menace came out, remember? The fanboys built it up and built it up and built it up into THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!

...And it ended up being nothing like what they expected (probably because it contradicted a lot of the books and comics that were written in the nineties. And Jar Jar Binks was in it).

I really, REALLY do hope this game will be good though. As for those guys who are dissing you elsewheres... Screw 'em. Screw 'em all. GBWC still loves ya man! :D

Oh and don't worry about FF.net dude. I've been watching the Ghostbusters section over there since I tried posting my GBWC stories. I just don't think it gets much traffic. Or it's just full of fanboys. I don't get many reviews either and I write for a bunch of different categories.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 3:42 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
you know that's what I said on the GBHQ , it's nice to have some one ells on bored . are numbers are growing .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 4:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Aidan Munroe wrote:
Basically this is the same sort of crap that happened right before Phantom Menace came out, remember? The fanboys built it up and built it up and built it up into THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME!!!

...And it ended up being nothing like what they expected (probably because it contradicted a lot of the books and comics that were written in the nineties. And Jar Jar Binks was in it).

See? This is actually one of the sources of anguish for me. I feel like I'm turning into one of the GB equivalents of the Prequel Haters. I know one of them in real life who sneered about "These movies would have been so much cooler if they put the REAL Sith in them." :roll: I can't stand that shit, especially as, dammit, I liked the Prequels. Among other things, they gave being a Jedi a downside (I think that's where a lot of the hate comes from, as Lucas makes it harder to justify things like Luke going off and having babies with some Mary Sue.)

I hate feeling like I'm turning into someone like that. I feel trapped between my principles and doing things the way I like doing them and am used to doing them.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 9:28 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

You are no prequel hater. Or sequel hater in this case. A lot of the stuff you've said makes sense. The fanboys just don't want to hear it.

PostPosted: January 1st, 2008, 9:53 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Quote:
You are no prequel hater. Or sequel hater in this case. A lot of the stuff you've said makes sense. The fanboys just don't want to hear it.

Ditto and I hearby apply it to my own thinking. :D
ghostdiva

PostPosted: March 9th, 2008, 11:08 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
This bothers me more and more lately.
I have started having nightmares about it. I just hope that the script isn't stupid, but I am worried that it will be. Especially considering that most mainstream comedies these days are remarkeably stupid these days, nothings like the comedy in GB1. I can just picture 8 hours of game play and lewd/fart jokes. That will kill my spirit.

Also, I will be really be annoyed if it, like most gmes, has the guys saying the same three lines throughout the whole game. That would kill the game for me.

I really would like nothing more than to not think about it, but it keeps creeping in. And I didn't even mention my concern over character relations (you guys know what I'm talking about).

ghostdiva

PostPosted: March 10th, 2008, 4:56 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

well its Dan story and he is working on it so I think we are going to be some what ok .

PostPosted: March 10th, 2008, 9:39 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Well, yeah, but he's working with Ramis, who came up with the single worst idea introduced in GB2. These are the two that couldn't come up with any better idea for a movie sequel than a plot-point-by-plot-point retreat of the first movie.

I'm fearful of this game turning out like this: a bunch of recycled shit to pander to the fans ("Let's throw the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, the Scoleri Brothers, Vigo, and 'Evil' Slimer into it!!!") and whatever new ideas turning out to be stupid ("This is the fifth Ghostbuster, Marty Stu Gladstone! He uses an electron gun that freezes ghosts on the spot!!!")

Do I hope I'm wrong in those fears? Yeah. But I really haven't seen much to get excited about yet, either.

PostPosted: March 10th, 2008, 12:18 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Oh I meant as for as it dining nothing but a bunch of fart jokes

PostPosted: March 10th, 2008, 1:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

:lol: Yeah, I guess I overreacted to that, didn't I?

Good point: I doubt Aykroyd and Ramis will write a lot of fart jokes--unless they think or someone tells them "That's what today's audiences go for."

:puke: --Howsabout puke jokes?

Post subject: Re: The "GB3" Video Game
PostPosted: March 12th, 2008, 7:55 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Terrace wrote:
Hey, I was just thinking, Fritz. If the game's storyline gets integrated into the omnibus timeline, how are you going to explain the character the player controls, as well as his absence from all other media, like Extreme Ghostbusters?

All I can think of is this: let the Mary Sues begin. :)

PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 10:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

It sounds more and more that the "new love interest" is Venkman's which adds another brick in the "Lame Retread" wall. I mean, forget what we did with him and Dana for a minute: after two movies where Venkman's love interest is at the center of the plot, for our new video game we get...Venkman's love interest apparently at the center of the plot.

Yeah. Way to make everyone forget all those "GB2 is too derivative of GB1" comments right there.

Granted, this isn't the worst possible outcome (that would be Egon, of course) but it's definitely the second worst. With Ray and Winston with negigible canon love interests (even including RGB), and a Marty Stu being a completely clean slate character-wise, this is the best they could come up with? :hurl:

PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 8:41 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Gah...

http://protoncharging.com/gb/2008/05/09 ... -ecto-h20/

Quote:
- Confirmation that Gozer is in the game, but not in nimble little minx form (but rather, perhaps, original Paul Rubens style.)

It's official. With nearly twenty fucking years to ruminate on their mistakes and come up with a new idea...all the "big boys" can do is regurgitate all their old ones. At least the "Hellbent" concept wouldn't have as easily lent itself to more rehashing of old plots.

Oh, and in case you wondered, here's Marty Stu.

WTF is up with this?

My crap sense is tingling something fierce.

I keep hoping I'll see something that will make me think this game ain't gonna suck with teeth, but so far that hasn't happened. The neat Ghostbusters Boat Concept Art is just not gonna be enough.

PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 9:33 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz wrote:

I keep hoping I'll see something that will make me think this game ain't gonna suck with teeth, but so far that hasn't happened. The neat Ghostbusters Boat Concept Art is just not gonna be enough.

god dam it

the beet me to it , well I'm still doing it .

crap and here I thought there being another Jason was my biggest worry,

edit

dam it just dam it F@#k !

PostPosted: May 10th, 2008, 10:43 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Location: New York, New York. Manhattan Island (SoHo district)
Zodiac: Scorpio
Fritz wrote:
It's official. With nearly twenty fucking years to ruminate on their mistakes and come up with a new idea...all the "big boys" can do is regurgitate all their old ones. At least the "Hellbent" concept wouldn't have as easily lent itself to more rehashing of old plots.

It's also a confirmed fact that while Gozer makes an appearance, it is NOT the main villain. Gozer is a piece of a larger puzzle.

Quote:
Oh, and in case you wondered, here's Marty Stu.

If Sierra is making good on the "5th ghostbuster is you" that they are currently advertising in Sierra's newsletter, he'll be customizable. They've had, like, 3 placeholder models for the character, and this one is the most generic so far.

Quote:
WTF is up with this?

My crap sense is tingling something fierce.

It's the programming test location for all of the Infernal engine physics. They used the firehouse to simulate hundreds of people onscreen at once.

What's "crappy" about it? That's just an honest question out of curiosity.

Quote:

Ah, well. I guess everyone can't be pleased.

I'm excited as hell. I know my opinion isn't shared, and I'm waiting for everyone here to point their fingers at me and say things like "St. Dan and St. Harold fanboy!!!" or "It's just a videogame!" or "You're just a fanboy who'll accept any crap they spew!"