It is currently March 19th, 2024, 1:48 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Dissenting Opinions
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 3:26 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
SuperStantzio wrote:
Wow that sounds awesome! What's the release date for the Ghostbusters game? By looking at the screenshots this maybe the best game! :D

One of the Proton Charging articles said Fall 2008. We'll see--it's not unknown for video games to be delayed.

(sigh) I gotta get this out of me.

I don't know why this doesn't excite me at all yet. I look around and everyone on all of the other boards is just splooging all over themselves over this, and it just leaves me cold.

Maybe it's because I'm not really a video game person.

Maybe it's because, while everyone else is going "OMFG Murray, Aykroyd, and Ramis are doing this one1111111!!!1111one111" I can't help but remember that their batting average with me is .500, meaning that it's just as likely this will be a lame attempt to cash in again as it's likely to be an inspired and worthy addition to the franchise.

Maybe it's because we got burned so bad by 88MPH and iBooks.

Maybe it's because with Sony's obvious mostly blasé attitude to this property, I have trouble believing they'll go all-out for it.

Maybe it's because I'm old, and battling depression, and feel so little joy anymore.

All I know is that honestly, right now with everyone else raving about "THIS IS THE BIGGEST NEWS IN YEARS!!!" I have trouble caring much.

Post subject: Re: The "GB3" Video Game
PostPosted: November 15th, 2007, 11:40 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I am glad that it wasn't just a rumor. I am a tad of a HD buff, and I am excited to see what they come up with for the PS3, I also have a PS2 and a gamecube and of course a PC, though I am not a big gamer. When I do play I prefer Roleplaying games, like Zelda.

I am however worried about the storyline. Like Fritz said those same writers batted zero the last time they wrote for GB and I can't forget that.

It seems as though Louis and Dana will be absent though, which makes me happy. And Janine will be in it. Which also makes me happy.

I just hope that Harold and Dan have at least read the boards enough to know what parts of the characters we appreciate the most, personality wise.

If JMS were writting the script I would be happier, lol.
ghostdiva

PostPosted: November 16th, 2007, 7:12 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Fritz wrote:
I don't know why this doesn't excite me at all yet. I look around and everyone on all of the other boards is just splooging all over themselves over this, and it just leaves me cold.

Maybe it is. I actively don't like video games, and I'm just not interested in this one little bit. I also feel that Ghostbusters has had its day now, in terms of official releases at any rate. I don't care and I haven't been keeping track of proceedings.

I wasn't planning on saying all of that, but Fritz sounded rather lonely over there in the not-excited camp.

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3

PostPosted: November 16th, 2007, 2:17 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
Fritz wrote:

One of the Proton Charging articles said Fall 2008. We'll see--it's not unknown for video games to be delayed.

(sigh) I gotta get this out of me.

Maybe it's because, while everyone else is going "OMFG Murray, Aykroyd, and Ramis are doing this one1111111!!!1111one111" I can't help but remember that their batting average with me is .500, meaning that it's just as likely this will be a lame attempt to cash in again as it's likely to be an inspired and worthy addition to the franchise.

Maybe it's because we got burned so bad by 88MPH and iBooks.

Maybe it's because with Sony's obvious mostly blasé attitude to this property, I have trouble believing they'll go all-out for it.

Maybe it's because I'm old, and battling depression, and feel so little joy anymore.

All I know is that honestly, right now with everyone else raving about "THIS IS THE BIGGEST NEWS IN YEARS!!!" I have trouble caring much.

on a scale of 1 to 10 I'm a 3 . I don't know why but I'm not that in to it .

It could be because it looks to bark for ghostbusters . To me it looks like all the WW 2 games out there .

Then it may be because I wonted to works on some thing like that .
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k123/ ... ason28.jpg

Fritz wrote:

Fritz I'm starting down that rode my self . if you ever need to talk and get something off you chest on AIM you can . I'm a good person to listen and I know talking helps some time . I think of you as a friend and I wish there was something I could do to help .

ghostdiva wrote:

I am however worried about the storyline. Like Fritz said those same writers batted zero the last time they wrote for GB and I can't forget that.

same here

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: November 19th, 2007, 1:44 pm 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Capricorn
Hey, I was just thinking, Fritz. If the game's storyline gets integrated into the omnibus timeline, how are you going to explain the character the player controls, as well as his absence from all other media, like Extreme Ghostbusters?

PostPosted: November 19th, 2007, 2:01 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

My honest first thought?

Venkman: "They guys making the video game just made that up so the player would have someone to 'identify with'."

I won't make any final decision until the thing is out, though. It might depend on how developed the character is and what happens to him. An all but blank slate, a completely customizable character the player designs and names themselves, is less likely to be acknowledged as it would be completely different for every player with no "right" answer.

It's a bit like Micheal Draverhaven, who was also a retcon pre-Winston "would have been fourth Ghostbuster". But at least with him we can basically say he's been comatose since 1984.

PostPosted: November 19th, 2007, 7:37 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Scorpio
Fritz wrote:
It's a bit like Micheal Draverhaven, who was also a retcon pre-Winston "would have been fourth Ghostbuster". But at least with him we can basically say he's been comatose since 1984.

So, Michael Draverhaven was the Pete Best of the Ghostbusters? ;)

PostPosted: November 27th, 2007, 6:13 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Bah...I have to rant about this some more...

I've been reading the posts on GBHQ and GBCentral and this shit is moving me from apathy to being pissed off.

I'm becoming more convinced the "derivative sequel just to cash in" angle is at work. The Library Ghost? Gozer (but apparently NOT the main villain)? The mik coat from GB2? And someone called the Zootfly concept art "fanboy novelty"--like there isn't fanboy pandering all over this thing?

"It's good that Slimer is evil again"? When was Slimer evil in GB1? Mischievous and hungry, yes; evil, no. Having him be "evil" is retarded.

And I just want to scream FUCK YOU WITH A BROOM HANDLE!!! to everyone saying "I'm glad there's none of that RGB stuff in it."

You know what? Let me throw out a more contemporary example to illustrate how retarded I find some of that:

In 1992 acress Kristy Swanson starred in a movie called Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Six years later, a TV series started starring Sarah Michelle Gellar.

Imagine if halfway through the series run they did a movie sequel that opens with Buffy, having lived a quiet, vampire-free life since the first movie, and no acknowledgement of the TV series except a Spike cameo. How well would that have been recieved by Buffy fans?

Then, with the show off TV for a few years, someone came along saying "We're doing a new Buffy video game and we're ignoring all that stuff from the TV series and have even got Kristy Swanson in to do the voice." How retarded would that seem to Buffy fans?

Well, there's my situation. Murray, Aykroyd, and Ramis are Kristy Swanson; Music, Welker and LaMarche are Sarah Michelle Gellar (Dave Coulier is a drag queen they brought in half way through because Swanson bitched about Gellar "not looking enough like her")

JMS wrote more Ghostbusters stories than Aykroyd and Ramis, and I didn't hate half of his. JMS never ruined a good character just to justify shoving one of his Second City buddies in a story; in fact, JMS quit the fucking show when the producers wanted him to ruin that same character.

Your fucking video game does not interest me. And I get it--the fan fics I write that nobody fucking reads anymore don't interest you.

Maybe it's time to hang up this gig. :x

PostPosted: November 27th, 2007, 7:02 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

no man don't do that fuck all them, I'm not digging all that I see as well

PostPosted: November 27th, 2007, 7:53 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Jason knetge wrote:

Thanks. So far I really have been feeling like the only one who isn't orgasmic about all of this.

I've kept my mouth shut on GBHQ and GBCentral, because I don't want to be a party pooper or be "negative", but it's been hard. I really almost broke when Ron Daniels, my former GBWC teammate, said he would "gloat" if Egon and Janine weren't "together" in it, and Tom Sanford made the ludicrous statement that it's "logical" for her to be with Louis. That kind of shit from people I thought I knew after nearly five years just kind of stings.

I've kept my mouth shut everywhere else, but dammit, this is my board. I feel like I need to be honest about all of this somewhere.

I do apologize for the sometimes abraisive tone of my last post, though. Grife, I think I found my inner Bo Holbrook for a minute there. :lol:

PostPosted: November 27th, 2007, 7:57 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
It's okay Fritz I can understand what you're coming from. :D

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: November 27th, 2007, 10:28 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Fritz wrote:
Jason knetge wrote:

Thanks. So far I really have been feeling like the only one who isn't orgasmic about all of this.

I've kept my mouth shut on GBHQ and GBCentral, because I don't want to be a party pooper or be "negative", but it's been hard. I really almost broke when Ron Daniels, my former GBWC teammate, said he would "gloat" if Egon and Janine weren't "together" in it, and Tom Sanford made the ludicrous statement that it's "logical" for her to be with Louis. That kind of shit from people I thought I knew after nearly five years just kind of stings.

I've kept my mouth shut everywhere else, but dammit, this is my board. I feel like I need to be honest about all of this somewhere.

I do apologize for the sometimes abraisive tone of my last post, though. Grife, I think I found my inner Bo Holbrook for a minute there. :lol:

is that the same Ron that was once on the GBWC . that's not cool

I'm not happy with the look of it or that if it is a sequel then why are we going back in time .

It looks do dark for a GB game ( and I mean the lighting in the game "

Frankly I'm not impressed with this game in any way and all i can see is the way's that they can fuck it up .

PostPosted: November 27th, 2007, 10:57 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Zodiac: Scorpio
Fritz wrote:
I really almost broke when Ron Daniels, my former GBWC teammate, said he would "gloat" if Egon and Janine weren't "together" in it, and Tom Sanford made the ludicrous statement that it's "logical" for her to be with Louis.

That part bothered me, too. Keep in mind it's a video game, not a daytime drama. :roll:

PostPosted: November 28th, 2007, 3:08 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
BlackMaria wrote:
Fritz wrote:
I really almost broke when Ron Daniels, my former GBWC teammate, said he would "gloat" if Egon and Janine weren't "together" in it, and Tom Sanford made the ludicrous statement that it's "logical" for her to be with Louis.

That part bothered me, too. Keep in mind it's a video game, not a daytime drama. :roll:

That part also bothered me as well. This is only a game and they should get over it. :roll:

We never would've lost if you koopaling clowns had tried to wake me up! Whose idea was this midnight attack?!- King Koopa, True Colors

PostPosted: November 28th, 2007, 6:41 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Fritz, I think you need to do with this video game what a lot of people with EGB and I do with that godawful Pirates of the Caribbean sequel. Just pretend it isn't happening. You'll feel better.

Fritz wrote:

Maybe he just meant that it would make sense if the game is following on from GB2.

Or... or maybe not. :geek:

EGB Fan's EGB Fans
EGB Fan on FFN and AO3