It is currently March 19th, 2024, 10:00 am

All times are UTC-04:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Re: The "GB3" Video Game
PostPosted: June 16th, 2009, 7:50 am 
Doberman
Doberman

Zodiac: Libra
Another juicy little nugget (just Janine)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lS9TWdm48OU

gotta admit, I got a silly ass shit grin on my face when I heard her say "Ghostbusters, whaddya want!?"

PostPosted: June 16th, 2009, 8:57 am 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Well, today's the big day.

I haven't decided yet whether to even try to visit the main boards, or whether the nerdgasms will be too painful to watch.

PostPosted: June 16th, 2009, 12:22 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

Great attitude.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2009, 5:44 am 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Zodiac: Cancer
Well, I just finished the game and honestly? The continuity of it doesn't really bother me at all. I mean yeah, Dana isn't there and it does revisit the Gozer mythos, which screws with Chronicles...but it still feels pretty workable.

Oh, I even figured out a logical explanation for the Vigo painting sitting in the firehouse and being Vigo and not four angels who look like the guys.

The short version is: his defeat didn't destroy him, you can't kill a ghost any more than it already is. The enchanted paint responds to the city's mood, that's the entire plot of the movie. It changed at the end because of all the good vibes of people celebrating Happy New Year and the Ghostbusters saving the city. Well the rest of the year, the city goes back to being miserable and the painting goes back to being Vigo's self-portrait/personal prison.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2009, 1:02 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Gemini
TheRazorsEdge wrote:
Well, I just finished the game .

F U Jeff . lol

I only had the time the other day to start the hotel .

pleas parden my speling but I'm a littel dislexik and can't tipe whel

PostPosted: June 17th, 2009, 8:29 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

It doesnt REALLY screw with Chronicles, because Stay Puft was the only thing of Gozer that shows up. Shandor was the actual villain of the game, so it leaves Chronicles alone pretty much. As for the cadet, if you listen during the credits, they say that with the trouble over, the PKE levels will once again drop, and they are a bit "heavy on busters", but that they are gonna be doing franchising soon and they ship him off to a franchise of his choice. So this cadet could pretty much be ANY of the early franchise starters.

So Fritz, you worried for nothing.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2009, 8:34 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
I'm inside the building of the stay puft battle, I haven't seen anything to change anything either, as far as Dana, this is before the business went out, and before he went off looking for her in LA anyhow, I think its fine so far.

But I do have to say the Janine bio in the book made me mad, so Janine's cranky wouldn't you be if you had to deal with Louis, and know that all the guys know about your little Lotsabucks issue, I would. And of course she must not be gettin any from Egon yet so, you know.

But I still think that it should just be a video game, I mean writting in a Stay Puft cartoon show would just be rediculous!

PostPosted: June 17th, 2009, 9:10 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

Mick Nielson wrote:
It doesnt REALLY screw with Chronicles, because Stay Puft was the only thing of Gozer that shows up. Shandor was the actual villain of the game, so it leaves Chronicles alone pretty much. As for the cadet, if you listen during the credits, they say that with the trouble over, the PKE levels will once again drop, and they are a bit "heavy on busters", but that they are gonna be doing franchising soon and they ship him off to a franchise of his choice. So this cadet could pretty much be ANY of the early franchise starters.

So Fritz, you worried for nothing.

Well the thing is, the game kind of trivializes Gozer's threat, first by saying he's too weak now to take any form other than his last one, Stay-Puft, then by having Shandor go "He failed. TWICE! So I figured why worship a god when you can become one?"

Whereas Chronicles is all "It's been 20 years since he last showed up", and "he's a bigger threat than ever", AND his method of return is just a repeat of the "Zuul and Vinz possess two people to have sex and open a shrine door" method whereas the game gets much more creative with the means of tearing rips to the ghost world and creating "destructor-forms".

...Which is the funny part of it. In worrying about how much the game will shut down our ideas for the Gozer mythos, we're ignoring the fact that THEIR ideas for the Gozer mythos are in fact much better and more detailed, lol.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2009, 9:16 pm 
Editorial Staff
Editorial Staff

ghostdiva wrote:
But I still think that it should just be a video game, I mean writting in a Stay Puft cartoon show would just be rediculous!

Well the ironic thing is, there are references to the cartoon here and there too, as if they WANT it to work for both. In the basement sitting on a desk, there's an RGB-style PKE meter and several large disk-shaped objects with yellow and black Trap stripes on them, implying they could be EGB traps. And one of the artifacts is a DVD of the movie, suggesting Take Two happened.

Nothing contradicts anything except the Vigo painting, which I already explained. And if I ever write something again, I'm damn sure gonna use some of the new equipment. It's awesome stuff and not illogical in function.

PostPosted: June 17th, 2009, 10:42 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Same here . we need to talk about what we want to use on GBWC .

PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 12:46 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Jeff, you and I must talk about using the new tech in future stories, because I was thinking the same thing and also noticed the nods to RGB. Though, there weren't DVD's back then, so there must be some time traveling going on with the GB movie :lol:

PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 12:56 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Hay . I sort of want in on that as well .

PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 10:06 am 
Moononite
Moononite

Considering that the three of us are the most active regular busters on the team, I dont see why we couldnt all take it on as a group project.

PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 12:52 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

TheRazorsEdge wrote:
ghostdiva wrote:

Well the ironic thing is, there are references to the cartoon here and there too, as if they WANT it to work for both. In the basement sitting on a desk, there's an RGB-style PKE meter and several large disk-shaped objects with yellow and black Trap stripes on them, implying they could be EGB traps. And one of the artifacts is a DVD of the movie, suggesting Take Two happened. .

I found the stay-puff toy in the hotel as one of the artifacts as well . I went back to the fire house . Up where the guys sleep you can see it siting on what I guess is Ray's bed .

TheRazorsEdge wrote:
Nothing contradicts anything except the Vigo painting, .

Ddid any one try talking to it ? He Said some funny stuff . I really like the one where he go's .

" I can see the dart times ahead . You will choose a lidded far darker then I . ............... Not once but twice . "

PostPosted: June 18th, 2009, 7:31 pm 
Moononite
Moononite

I went back and double-checked the basement of the firehouse and there WERE definitely some prototypes of Extreme Ghostbusters traps down there, as well as the RGB PKE, like Jeff said. I also found some discarded pieces from the Ecto-1a design from GB2 stashed in the corner of the garage of the firehouse, as well as the GB2 building sign stuffed into the rear area of the firehouse (you can see it if you look through the office wall window next to the basement steps). The firehouse "play area" is AMAZINGLY decorated and the Vigo painting is infinitely entertaining, especially all his so-called future predictions ("No flying cars! Ever! bwahahahahahaha")

Also, maybe Stay Puft WASNT actually being "piloted" by Gozer? I mean, maybe it was just a remnant of Gozer that got brough back by Shandor and thats why it was able to be defeated. THis would also explain why he's in the containment unit in RGB. Egon even seems doubtful as to whether or not it was actually Gozer as Stay Puft, or just Stay Puft itself, which is why he doesnt directly say "yes, it was Gozer" when the mayor asks him.

Also, playing as the rookie was definitely the best choice for the game by far. Especially because we've ALWAYS had the outsider's perspective on Ghostbusters, now we've sort of broken in and been on the inside, but there's a bunch of inside jokes between them and its all very charming to watch unfold. The firehouse itself is the best place to be the rookie because you're looking at all this haunted sh*t in the building and like "wtf?".

Also, I'm gonna go on record and say that I've never really been a big fan of slimer, but the way he was handled in the game was a fair compromise between the movie and the cartoon. They're in the process of domesticating him, but he's still mischevious and his little "fish tank" that they keep him in was hilarious. He acts more like an un-disciplined dog than... well... Jar Jar Binks, like he was in the cartoon towards the end.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next