It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:02 pm

All times are UTC-04:00

Post subject: Not a good day, car-wise
PostPosted: December 28th, 2018, 7:28 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Ugh! Two days before Christmas, the engine in my beloved Soul blew. Five years with no problems at all, then blam. Thank (insert Deity name here) for the fact it's still (barely) under warranty. I get the full details Monday, but she'll be in the shop for at least 2 1/2 months (replacement engine has to come from Kia in Korea). THEN, the day after that, somebody hit my brother's car. Just a bit of cosmetic damage, but he's ticked. Oh, well, at least my rental car has a CD player. I'm currently into an acapella group called Straight No Chaser, and they sound fantastic through this car's sound system!

Thanks for letting me vent a bit. Last year has NOT been good (got out of an extended hospital/rehab stay a year ago), so 2019 has GOT to be better!

PostPosted: December 29th, 2018, 6:16 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Feel for you on both counts. I've had my share of hospital stays (worst one back in 2004, you probably remember). And I was in a car accident in April 2017--a jerkbag ran a red light and hit the vehicle I was in, my late mother's Ford Escape.

Fortunately, my Dad has real good insurance and, though it took about three months, it was fixed up and has been doing fine ever since.

Hope things work out for you.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2019, 8:41 am 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Pisces
Update- I got Shadow back about three weeks ago, and she's running just fine. The big test was the long trip to Ocean City (we go every Christmas for the Winterfest of Lights event, then recently went for the awesome St. Patrick's Day parade), which she handled just fine. Turned out they dropped a rebuilt engine in, but that's fine with me. All I wanted was for her to run normally again. Now she needs a lot of interior detailing, but my son and brother are taking care of that for me.